Jastrebac is a wonderful mountain that will overshadow you with its beauty at any time of the year. It is the most forested mountain in Serbia. It is rich in beech and coniferous forests, and is known for its unique habitat of white birches.
It is located near Krusevac. It belongs to the Rhodope Mountains, is geologically rich in various rocks and minerals, built mostly of Paleozoic shales and igneous rocks. The mountain existed in the Tertiary and rose from the Tertiary sea as a large island. Its highest peaks, Velika Djulica (1491 m) and Pogled (1481 m), represent the natural border between Toplica and Pomoravlje.
On this mountaineering tour we will go to the peaks of Sokolov Kamen at 1025 m, then Bela Stena at 1256 m. You will enjoy the rich forest, clean air, and unpolluted environment.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Belgrade, parking lot in the municipality of Novi Beograd|
|DEPARTURE TIME||6.00 h|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation from Belgrade
Hiking tour at Jastrebac
A guide and the tour organization
|NOT INCLUDED||Lunch and other individual costs|
- Equipment: Deep hiking boots with a vibram sole or deep sports shoes with stronger sole, backpack, layered wardrobe, warm for winter conditions (winter jacket, hat, leggings, gloves), we recommend trekking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 18 km
- Total ascend/descend: oko 900 m
- Category: moderate
- Duration: about 7h-8h with breaks
- This hiking tour is not recommended for people with poor physical condition and / or health problems; the guide reserves the right not to take a person with inadequate equipment for hiking; prohibited consumption of alcoholic beverages before and during hiking; in case of bad weather and other objective circumstances, hiking tou can be postponed.
- For the realization of the tour, a minimum of 18 registered passengers is required.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, cena iznosi 4600 dinara.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 2500 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 3500 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 3 days before departure.
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The Jastrebac massif itself consists of Veliki and Mali Jastrebac, separated from Kopaonik by the Jankov gorge. On the eastern side of the massif is Mali Jastrebac, separated from Veliki by the Grebac pass, with the highest peak Kupinjak (946 m). The ridge is 42 km long and wide slopes separate from it, and the most outstanding to the north are the peaks Zmajevac and Bela Stena. The Grebac pass leads the Prokuplje-Kruševac road (via Ribarska Banja).
The origin of the name of the mountain Jastrebac goes back to the hawk when the legend says that it built a nest on the mountain top. He carried twigs in his beak from which beech, birch, and conifer seeds fell out. Over time, tall "hawk" trees grew in those mountainous places.
The mountain is rich in watercourses, springs, and streams. The river flows belong to the catchments of South Morava, Toplica, and Rasina. River crabs and free trout can be found in rivers and streams, which is a sign of extremely clean water. For those who love natural food, Jastrebac is rich in many wild edible plants: wild garlic, nettle, dandelion, wild strawberries, apples and pears, various types of edible mushrooms, so it is a real paradise for mushroom growers and collectors of medicinal plants.
In Jastrebac is located Jastrebac Lake Resort that has accommodation facilities in two buildings. The adventure park fits perfectly into the ambience. It consists of four units: Children's Adventure Park, a zip line across the lake, a rock for training climbers, as well as large adventure trails on two levels, demanding and for passionate "adventurers". Thanks to the extraordinary climatic conditions, the diversity of flora and fauna, it provides exceptional opportunities for rest and hiking.
The organizer of the Jastrebac hiking tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo. According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Jastrebac
- Departure from Belgrade at 6 AM from the parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
- Travel by highway through Kruševac, break on the way, arrival at Jastrebac around 9.00 am.
- Short preparation for the hiking tour.
Mountaineering tour at Jastrebac
- Start of hiking tour.
- We start on the hiking trail from the mountain lodge and go to the top of Sokolov Kamen at 1025 m, then Bela Stena at 1256 m. You will enjoy the rich forest, clean air, and unpolluted environment. At the very top, there are beautiful views of the surrounding valleys and mountains.
- Information about the hiking trail: it is about 18 km long, it takes about 7-8 hours with breaks, with about 900 m of total ascent and descent. A solid physical condition is required for this tour.
- After the tour, on the way back, it is possible to stop for dinner at one of the nearby restaurants.
- Return to Belgrade in evening hours.