Bukulja is a mountain in the heart of Šumadija and is 696m high. It belongs to the group of Šumadija mountains and is part of the Šumadija beam, which starts from the Avala mountain and extends all the way to the Gledić mountains in the south. Bukulja rises above Arandjelovac and Bukovicka Spa, it is overgrown with beech and oak forests and therefore represents a real oasis of greenery and clean air.
Hiking tour to the top, where there is an observatory with a phenomenal view of Šumadija, then to Bukulja Lake. We will also visit the Risovača cave and Bukovicka spa.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, near Lokomotiva
Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||5.30h (Novi Sad)
7 h (Beograd)
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation
Hiking tour with a guide
Sightseeing according to the program and organization of the tour
Ticket for Risovača cave (200 dinars)
Transportation from Novi Sad
Other individual costs
- Equipment for Bukulja hiking tour: standard for hiking tours, hiking shoes or sneakers with a stronger sole, adequate clothing in accordance with the weather. Backpack, enough water and some food (fruit, snacks…)
- The tour belongs to the medium-easy category.
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 18 km
- Total ascend/descend: around 450 m
- Category: easy-moderate, hiking across meadows and grassy hills, forest and dirt roads
- Duration: around 6 hours with breaks
- For the realization of the Bukulja hiking tour, a minimum of 18 applicants is required.
- In organized transportation, it is mandatory to wear protective masks.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, price is 2500 dinars.
- Transportation from Novi Sad: surcharge is 1000 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 1000 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 1600 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 3 days before departure.
Bukulja is a mountain in the heart of Šumadija and is 696 m high. It belongs to the group of Šumadija mountains and is part of the Šumadija beam, which starts from the Avala mountain and extends all the way to the Gledić mountains in the south. Bukulja rises above Arandjelovac and Bukovicka Banja, it is overgrown with beech and oak forests and therefore represents a real oasis of greenery and clean air. The mountain together with the spa is a real pearl of tourism, as evidenced by the large number of visitors every year, especially in the spring when the spa is most beautiful.
At the very top of Bukulja, there is an observation tower 19 m high, which offers a unique view of the entire Sumadija. The mountain abounds in a large number of hiking trails and is a base for the preparation of various sports. The immediate vicinity of numerous historical and natural sites such as the Risovača cave, Oplenac, Marić's ravine, as well as the wine cellars of the highest quality wine make it especially interesting to visit. In the past, the mountain, together with Bukovicka Banja, was a resting place for the most important Serbian personalities, such as Dositej Obradovic, Prince Milos, and Mihajlo Obrenovic, who built the Old Building in the spa, which was a summer castle, and the Parliament where he often stayed. The most famous mineral water "Knjaz Milos" is bottled in the spa.
Risovača Cave is located at the entrance to Arandjelovac on the right bank of the river Kubršnica. It is one of the most beautiful and well-kept caves in Serbia, which is annually visited by a large number of both domestic and foreign tourists and nature lovers.
The cave was accidentally discovered by workers in a quarry, and geologists link its origin to the period from about 144 to 65 million years ago. It was a human habitat during the Ice Age and is one of the most important Paleolithic sites in Europe. When the first archeological excavations began in 1953, the remains of a cave mammoth, a bear, a cave lion, a bison, etc. were discovered. In 1983, the cave was declared a cultural asset of great importance, and in 1995 it was declared a category I nature monument and placed under state protection.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo. According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Beograd - Risovača Cave - Bukovička Spa
- Departure from Novi Sad at 5.30
- Departure from Belgrade at 7h
- A trip to the Risovača Cave at the entrance to Arandjelovac lasts about 1.5 hours.
- Sightseeing of the cave with a local guide.
- After visiting Risovača, we continue our journey towards Bukovicka Spa, where we take a break for morning coffee.
- After a break of 30 minutes, we start from the spa park to climb to the top of Bukulja 696m.
Hiking tour to the top of Bukulja and Bukuljsko Lake
- From the park of Bukovicka Spa at 280 m to the top of Bukulja at 696 m we have about 5 km of hiking - (about 415 m altitude difference).
- At the top of Bukulja we take a short break of 30 minutes for a beautiful view of the whole of Šumadija and taking photos, and after that we continue towards Bukulja Lake.
- From the top of the mountain to Bukulja Lake we have about 4 km (378 m above sea level) - 1 hour of easy walking. Break on the lake for rest.
- We continue the descent towards Bukovicka Spa on the length of 9 km.
- After the monument, the trail slowly descends between hills and circularly returns to the start
- The length of the trail is about 18 km, with no major ascend and high altitude differences. We will pass the trail in about 6 hours.
- After the end of the hiking tour, free time in Bukovicka Spa for coffee and lunch in one of the restaurants.
- Departure for Belgrade no later than 7 pm where we arrive around 9 pm.