Cruising on the magnificent Drina canyon from Perucac to Visegrad with sightseeing of Andricgrad. A two-day tour with a stay in the National Park Tara. Hiking to the viewpoint Banjska stena with the most beautiful views on Perucac Lake. On arrival, we will visit Uzice, a city known for its turbulent history and the beautiful nature that surrounds it.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Locomotive Novi Sad
The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||6.30 h Novi Sad
8 h Belgrade
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation from Belgrade
One night in private apartments in Tara - (double and triple rooms with bathroom, Wi-Fi)
Sightseeing tour in Užice
Cruising tour along Drina canyon
Sightseeing tour in Visegrad
|NOT INCLUDED||Meals (there is the possibility of organizing dinner and breakfast at Tara)
Transportation from Novi Sad (additional 1000 dinars)
- Application deadline: until June 24 for the first term and until 12 August for the second term
- Reservations: 30% of the amount is paid when the application is submitted, the rest at the latest 5 days before the tour.
- Children up to 10 years pay 20% less from the total price, 5500 dinars.
- A minimum of 17 applicants is required to organize the tour. In case of the insufficient number of applicants, the deadline for canceling the tour is 3 days before the scheduled date.
- For departures from Novi Sad, the additional fee is 1000 dinars.
- In case you use your own transport, the price is reduced by 900 dinars.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here.
Information and reservations:
- By phone on +381 69 655 777
- By e-mail email@example.com
This program is valid general rules on execution and general conditions of travel of the organization "Explore Serbia"
First day: Novi Sad - Belgrade - Uzice - National Park Tara
- Departure from Novi Sad from Lokomotiva at 6.30
- Departure from the parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade at 8h
- Continuation of a journey through Čačak and Užice
- Sightseeing tour in Užice: The Old town and the fortress, free time in the center of Uzice
- Nakon toga nastvak putovanja ka Mitrovcu na Tari u Nacionalnom parku Tara
- Schedule in private accommodation. Afternoon walk to the most beautiful Banjska stena viewpoint
Day 2: Tara - Perućac - cruise along the Drina canyon - Višegrad
- Leaving the accommodation. Breakfast.
- Transfer to Perucac at 8h. Boarding on a catamaran type ship
- Cruising the Drina canyon in the length of about 50 km. Going through the most beautiful and narrowest part of the canyon.
- Disembarkation in Visegrad. A break of 2.5 hours. Sightseeing tour of Andrićgrad (Kamengrad), the Mehmet-pasha Sokolovic Bridge, free time.
- After that, boarding back into the ship. Departure at 15:00. Coming to Perucac at 18.30.
- The expected end of the tour is around 18.30
- Departure for Belgrade and Novi Sad, where we arrive in the evening.
The largest city and administrative center of the Zlatibor district. The town had a turbulent history. It was the headquarters of the Partisan army and the Uzice Republic in the Second World War.
The remains of the medieval town are preserved in the town, while the stone medieval fortress, built on the cliff above the river Djetinja, has been viewing Uzice for centuries. The first reliable historical records about the Old Town, date from the 14th century.
The fort was difficult to access due to the defense of the city, the steep rock and the river on three sides. Several times it was repeatedly destroyed in its history and re-established.
National Park Tara
Mountain Tara in Western Serbia is one of the national parks in Serbia, which occupies the largest part of the mountain. It is known by indigenous conifer forests and it is one of the most favourite destinations for nature lovers. This mountainous region, including Mount Tara (1544 m) and Mount Zvijezda (Star Mountain - 1673 m), and Drina Canyon, is one of the most beautiful national parks in Europe. It bounds with river gorges, gentle slopes, steep rocky inclines, as well as waterfalls and caves. The area is thickly covered with both evergreen and deciduous forests. A rare sort of pine, named Pancic Spruce after its famous discoverer, may be seen there. Its fauna is also diverse: brown bears and mountain goats, gray eagles, griffon vultures, as well as hundreds of other varieties of birds are not unusual in the region. Mount Tara is both summer and a winter resort, with Kaludjerske Bare and Mitrovac as its two main centers of interest.
The Drina canyon is the third deepest in the world, after the Colorado Canyon (USA) and the Tara canyon (Montenegro). It is the composite valley type, at the border of Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The deepest and most impressive part of the canyon is built by the Drina, climbing the slopes of the Mount Zvijezda, where in some parts the canyon is deep and up to a thousand meters. The canyon is embedded in massive and rarely layered middle-eastern limestone. The canyon sides are very steep with numerous ponds and scum, covered with forest and shrub vegetation, but often vertical, bare rocky surfaces occur.
It is located in the middle course of the Drina River and comprises two state lakes. These are the lake of the hydroelectric power plant Visegrad, upstream of the city and Lake Perucac, downstream of the city.
The city has about 6,000 inhabitants. It is located in the spacious basin of the Drina River, on hilly slopes that gently rise to the mountains above 1000 meters high. At a place where the mountains forming the narrow and deep canyon of the Drina, separating each other into a spacious basin, there is the stone 500-year old the Mehmet-pasha Sokolovic Bridge with 11 broad-leaved lanes, known by everyone as "The Bridge on the Drina” (na Drini ćuprija). The bridge is about 250 meters long and about 10 meters wide, except in the middle where it is expanded with two terraces, on each side one by one. It is one of the most monumental parts of architecture dating from the 15th to the 19th century. It is the national monument of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
It is is a tourist, cultural, administrative and educational complex located on the peninsula between the Drina and Rzav rivers, some 300 meters from the Bridge on the Drina.
Andricgrad was created as the idea of the famous director Emir Kusturica about a stone medieval town inspired by the work and characters of the nobleman Ivo Andric. In architectural terms, the city itself is a mixture of different epochs and styles that have been shifting through the history of this area: The Byzantine style, the Ottoman period, the Renaissance, the classicism. During the walk through the main street-corset, visitors will be able to return to the past which connects two periods - fragments of the Renaissance with the Ottoman period and Byzantium.