Fruška Gora was an island in the former Pannonian Sea. Today, this 539 meter high mountain is the dominant land mass of the entire Pannonian plain. Its ridge is 75 kilometers long, and its entire surface is overgrown with oak, hornbeam, linden and beech forests. There are numerous springs and streams, which murmur most beautifully at the beginning of spring.
On this hiking tour of Fruška Gora in the spring, we will go from the Zmajevac picnic area, which offers an unusual view of the whole of Srem, to the Dumbovac waterfall, which is an authentic pearl of Fruška gora. Then we continue towards the unique Beli Majdan cave.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Belgrade, parking lot in the municipality of Novi Beograd|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour at Fruska gora
Ticket to enter the National Park Fruska Gora
Other individual costs
- Equipment: Deep hiking boots with a vibram sole or deep sports shoes with stronger sole, backpack, layered wardrobe, adapted to weather conditions, we recommend trekking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 17 km
- Total ascend/descend: 700 m
- Category: moderate
- Duration: around 7h
- For the realization of the tour, a minimum of 17 registered passengers is required.
- In organized transportation, it is mandatory to wear protective masks.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 2400 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 900 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 1200 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 3 days before departure.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Fruska gora
- Departure from Belgrade at 7.30h
- Travel to Fruska Gora. After an hour and a half drive, we reach the starting point, the picnic area Zmajevac, from where our hiking tour starts.
Hiking tour at Fruska gora
- Hiking tour starts around 9.15 AM from Zmajevac, to the lookout point on Vrdnik, then leads to Brankovac, from where there is a beautiful view of Novi Sad. We continue walking to the real jewel of Fruška Gora, Dumbovacki waterfall. After that there is ascend to Vrata raja (The gates of heaven). We reach Zmajevac again and continue towards the Beli Majdan cave. Along the way we visit the unique cultural monument on Fruška Gora, Rakovac hermitage from the XVIII century, which is carved into the limestone rocks. We'll get soon to the Beli Majdan cave or Rakovačka cave which is an old quarry, formed by excavating granite stone. The hall is about 4 m high, and its vault is held by stone pillars. The entrance is several tens of meters wide.
- The hiking tour is of moderate difficulty, lasting a total of about 7 hours with breaks. It is 17 km long, with about 700 m of ascent.
- If someone doesn't want to hike the whole trail, the trail can be shortened with the end at Zmajevac, near the motel Zmajevac. In that case, the trail is 12 km long, with about 600 m of ascent.
- After a hiking tour, a late afternoon lunch can be arranged at a nearby restaurant.
- Return to Belgrade where we arrive around 8 pm.