Winter hiking tour at the National Park Fruska Gora. A long time ago it was a lonesome island in the Pannonian Sea. Now it is a beautiful mountain with mild slopes, centennial forests, famous vineyards, and numerous monasteries. Circular footpath from Iriški Venac, to the monastery. Circular hiking trail in the southern part of Fruška Gora, from the Mala Remeta monastery to Jazak..
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Belgrade, parking lot in the municipality of Novi Beograd|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour at Fruska gora
Ticket to enter the National Park Fruska Gora
Other individual costs
- Equipment for tour Fruška Gora winter hiking: Deep hiking boots with a vibrating sole or deep shoes/boots for snow, backpack, layered wardrobe, warm for winter conditions (winter jacket, hat, leggings, gloves), we recommend trekking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 12 km
- Total ascend/descend: 400 m
- Category: easy
- Duration: around 4h
- For the realization of the tour, it is necessary to have a minimum of 17 entries
- In organized transportation, it is mandatory to wear protective masks.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transportation, the price of the tour is 900 dinars.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here.
It is located on the southern slope of Fruška Gora. The monastery complex consists of a church with a bell tower, surrounded on three sides by inns, while on the fourth side there is a wall and an arched entrance to the monastery gate. Construction began in 1736. The painting ensemble was created in the tradition of the Ukrainian Baroque. With uneven stylistic features, they indicate the influences of Serbian painting of the transitional period of the 18th century. Apart from the representations of saints and evangelists in medallions on pandatifs, which were performed by Pavle Čortanović around 1899, there are no wall paintings. The monastery keeps three richly decorated baroque thrones decorated with icons: the throne of Emperor Uroš (1776), the Mother of God (1779) and the hierarch's throne (1784). The monastery has been renovated several times, and the last extensive works on architecture were performed in the 90s. During 2003, the access road to the monastery complex was reconstructed.
Mala Remeta Monastery
It is located next to the village of the same name. It represents an immovable cultural good as a cultural monument of exceptional importance. The name of the monastery means A small desert.
Today, the monastery consists of a church, a single-winged inn, a new wooden bell tower and a chapel.
The monastery church is dedicated to the Protection of the Mother of God. Tradition links the founding of the monastery to the Serbian king Dragutin. In the protocol of the monastery of Beocin, it is stated in 1844 that the monastery of Mala Remeta is "601 years old", and which could mean - in 1243. Reliable data on the history of the monastery are provided only by Turkish documents, in which the monastery was first recorded in 1546, but was burned down very soon after that. At the end of the 17th century, the monastery was renovated by refugee monks of the Rača Monastery on the Drina. The monastery seal originates from that time and from then until 1920, the monastery was run as a convent of the Beocin Monastery. On the site of the old church, a new, third building was built in 1739.
This program is valid general rules on execution and general conditions of travel of the organization "Explore Serbia"
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Fruska gora
- Departure from Belgrade at 7.30h
- Travel to Fruska Gora. After an hour and a half drive, we reach the starting point, the monastery Mala Remeta, from where our hiking tour starts.
Hiking tour at Fruska gora
- Hiking tour starts around 9.30 AM. The hiking tour is easy, lasting about 4-5 hours with breaks. It is about 12 km long, with about 400 m of ascent. Najvećim delom ide šumskim putem. Idemo ka lokalitetu Široke Ledine i ka manastiru Jazak.
- After hiking tour, late lunch at a nearby ethno restaurant.
- Return to Belgrade where we arrive around 7 pm.