Gledic Mountains with its highest peak, Samar (922m) belongs to the group of Šumadija mountains, and after Rudnik is the highest mountain in Šumadija. Intersected by the river valleys of the Dulenska river, Lepenica, and Grošnička rivers, as well as numerous pastures and endless forests, the Gledic Mountains are ideal for hiking, mountaineering, and staying in nature. They were named after the village of Gledić, which is located in the central part of the mountain, and there is a belief that they got their name from the fact that they can be seen from afar. There are a large number of authentic old Serbian villages on this gentle, wavy wreath.
On this tour we will go for a hiking to the Black Peak (Crni vrh) at 897 m, a circular path and enjoy the beautiful landscapes of Šumadija.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, Merkator Shopping center
Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||5.30h Novi Sad
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation from Belgrade
Hiking tour in Gledic Mountains
Guide and organization of the tour
Transportation from Novi Sad
Other individual costs
- Equipment: Deep hiking boots with a Vibram sole or deep sports shoes with stronger sole, backpack, layered wardrobe, adapted to weather conditions, we recommend trekking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit). In winter conditions, when there is snow or mud on the trail, we recommend gaiters and bring spare clothes (sneakers, socks, T-shirt).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 13 km
- Total ascend: around 470 m
- Category: easy, walk on forest, dirt roads, across meadows and glades
- Duration: around 5h
- For the realization of the tour, a minimum of 18 registered passengers is required.
- In organized transportation, it is mandatory to wear protective masks.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 2800 dinars.
- Transportation from Novi Sad: surcharge is 1000 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 1100 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 1700 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
- Author of the cover photo Gledic Mountains: Maja Stosic, CC BY-SA 4.0
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Kragujevac - the village Bajčetina
- Departure from Novi Sad at 5.30, in the front of Merkator
- Departure from Belgrade at 7 AM from the parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
- Travel by highway to Kragujevac and the village of Bajčetina at the foot of the Gledić Mountains. We will take one break for morning coffee on the way to Kragujevac.
Hiking tour in Gledic Mountains
- Departure for hiking around 10 am from the village of Bajčetina. Ascend to Crni vrh in Gledic Mountains. Dulenski Crni vrh is at 897 m, and the village of Dulene after which it was named is at 464 m in the gorge of the river Dulenka. The gorge of this river is the longest and deepest gorge in central Serbia. The trail goes along forest roads, across meadows and glades.
- Information about a hiking trail: easy, 13 km long, with a total ascent of 470 m, duration about 5 hours with breaks. The trail is circular.
- After the hiking tour, departure to Kragujevac.
- Free time for exploring the city or for lunch at a local restaurant.
- Departure for Belgrade where we will arrive by 9 pm.