Gledic Mountains with its highest peak Samar (922m) belong to the group of Šumadija mountains and after Rudnik are the highest mountains in Šumadija. Intersected by the river valleys of the Dulenska river, Lepenica and Grošnička rivers, as well as numerous pastures and endless forests, the Gledic Mountains are ideal for hiking, mountaineering and staying in nature. At the foot of the mountain are the monasteries of Kalenić and a little further Ljubostinja, which faithfully testify to the history of this area, as well as numerous other monasteries.
On this tour, we will go for a walk to the highest peak in Samar, then visit the Kalenić monastery and a local winery where we will taste excellent Šumadija wines.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, Merkator Shopping center
Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||5.30h Novi Sad
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour in Gledic Mountains, sightseeing to the itinerary
Transportation from Novi Sad
Other individual costs
- Equipment: Deep hiking boots with a Vibram sole or deep sports shoes with stronger sole, backpack, layered wardrobe, adapted to weather conditions, we recommend trekking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit). In winter conditions, when there is snow or mud on the trail, we recommend leggings and bring a spare cover (sneakers, socks, T-shirt).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 14 km
- Total ascend: around 400 m
- Category: easy
- Duration: around 5h
- For the realization of the tour, a minimum of 17 registered passengers is required.
- In organized transportation, it is mandatory to wear protective masks.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, price is 3000 dinars.
- Transportation from Novi Sad: surcharge is 1000 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 1200 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 1800 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 3 days before departure.
Information and reservations:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 0642620095, 0696550777
Kalenić Monastery is a nunnery monastery. It was erected in the period from 1407 to 1413 and is one of the most important cultural monuments in our country. The church is dedicated to the Presentation of the Lord and belongs to the Moravian school. The monastery was reconstructed in the period from 1928 to 1930, and its frescoes are one of the best-preserved in Serbian monasteries.
- Author of the cover photo Gledic Mountains: Maja Stosic, CC BY-SA 4.0
- Author of the photography in the gallery manastir Kalenić: Vanilica, CC BY-SA 4.0
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Kragujevac - the village Šljivica
- Departure from Belgrade at 7 AM from the parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
- Travel by highway through Mladenovac, Topola, Kragujevac to the village of Šljivica at the foot of the Gledić Mountains. We will make one break for morning coffee on the way to Kragujevac.
Hiking tour in Gledic Mountains
- Start of the hiking tour around 10.30 am from the village of Šljivica to the top of Samar (922m) in the Gledić mountains. The length of the trail to the top is about 6.5 km. A short break at the top to relax and enjoy the view of the beautiful Šumadija.
- Descent from the top of Gledić Mountains to the Kalenić monastery on a length of about 7.5 km, where the trail ends.
- Sightseeing of the Kalenić Monastery - one of Serbian the most beautiful monasteries.
- After visiting the monastery, we go to visit the local winery where we will try excellent local Šumadija wines.
- Departure for Belgrade where we will arrive by 9 pm.