Meanders of the Western Moravas and Meanders of the Uvca canyon
Two-day tour with sightseeing of the Ovčar-Kablas Gorge and the famous Uvac canyon. A hiking tour on Kablar with a view of the Western Morava. On the second day, we visit the Uvac canyon of Uvac, known by its meanders and the habitat of the griffon vulture.
The tour includes a boat ride by Uvac Lake, visiting the Ice Cave, hiking to the viewpoint, from where is a spectacular view to the Uvac meanders.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, near Lokomotiva
Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||5.30h Novi Sad
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation from Belgrade
Bed and breakfast in private accommodation in Sjenica (double, triple rooms with bathrooms, Wi-Fi)
Hiking tour on Kablar
Tour of the Canyon of Uvac: riding a boat through the canyons of the canyons, visiting the Ice Cave, visiting the viewpoint
Ticket and tax for entering to Uvac Special Natural Reserve
|NOT INCLUDED|| Other unpretentious meals (in agreement with the group, on the second day we organize lunch at favorable prices in the camp at Uvac Lake)
Other individual costs
- Equipment: hiking boots or sports shoes with a stronger solstice, taking water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruits)
- For the realization of the tour, it is necessary to have a minimum of 17 entries. In the case of a smaller number of applicants, the transport fee is 350 dinars.
- For departure from Novi Sad, the supplement is 1000 dinars
- If you use it own transport, the price is reduced by 900 dinars
- Payment: 30 % at registration, the rest at least 5 days before the tour
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here.
FIRST DAY: Belgrade - Ovčarsko-Kablarska gorge - Sjenica
- Departure from Novi Sad at 5.30
- Departure from Belgrade at 7h
- Travel to the Ibar highway to Ovčar spa, where we arrive around 10h
- A short pause for refreshments and hiking preparations. Departure on a hiking tour to the top of Kablar and to the viewing point from where you can see the West Morave meanders
- Duration of hiking around 4h
- Who does not want to walk, can spend the time by visiting some of the monasteries or using the wellness facilities of the hotel "Kablar" (a thermal water pool).
- Holidays and lunch at one of the restaurants in Ovcar Bay
- Continuation of the trip to Shadow. Accommodation in private accommodation (double, triple rooms with bathrooms, Wi-Fi)
SECOND DAY: Arbor - sightseeing tour of the Uvac canyon - Belgrade
- The breakfast. At 8.30h, leaving the accommodation. Driving towards the canyon Uvca.
- Visit the Uvac canyon for about 4.5 hours
- Driving through the meanders by watching and photographing the griffon soup habitat. Tour of the Ice Cave. Going to the viewpoint. A pause at the viewing point for taking pictures and enjoying the phenomenal look at meandre Uvc. Walking to the sightseeing and back takes about 1.5 hours.
- Return to the boat that will bring us back to the camp on the shores of the lake. Lunch at the camp.
- After lunch we return to Belgrade, where we arrive in the evening.
Ovcharsko-Kablarska gorge is a protected natural area with about 150 species of birds, 30 species of fish and more than 600 plant species. It is distinguished by steep, high limestone sides with several caves. The gorge was carved between 985 meters high mountain Ovcar in the south and 889 meters high Cablara in the north, after which it got its name. Ovčar spa and famous monasteries are located here.
Uvac is Special Nature Reserve known by its meanders with a height of up to 100 m. The canyon is the habitat of 104 bird species, most notably the Griffon Vulture - vulture species, with a wingspan of 3 meters, which role in the food chain in the ecosystem is irreplaceable - it only feeds on dead animals, which prevents the spread of infection and it is important in "natural recycling." Ice cave is part of Uvac cave system, the longest cave system in the country (6185 m). It is rich in cave ornaments.