The Nera Gorge-Beușnița National Park (Cheile Nerei-Beusnita) is one of the most beautiful places in Romania and a perfect destination if you are looking for a relaxing walk in unspoiled nature. Outside other popular destinations, biodiversity is preserved in the national park. It is characterized by unique blue lakes and waterfalls.
It is located in the southern part of the Anina Mountains and only 2.5h from Belgrade.
At the hiking tour, we will see a luminous landscape with cliffs, hills, valleys, caves, waterfalls and rare lakes. The most famous natural attractions of the national park are Eye Beu (Ochiul Beiului), Beusnica Waterfalls, La Vaioaga waterfall, and Devil's Lake.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Belgrade, parking lot in the municipality of Novi Beograd|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour with a guide
International travel health insurance
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the tour the Nera gorge. Hiking boots or deep sports shoes with stronger sole, backpack, layered wardrobe, adapted to weather conditions, we recommend trekking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 20 km
- Total ascend/descend: slight, about 200 m
- Category: easy-moderate, there are no technically demanding sections, hiking on dirt and forest paths
- Duration: around 7h-8h with breaks
- For the realization of the tour, a minimum of 18 registered passengers is required.
- In case of changes in the monetary market, as well as changes in the prices of carriers and other service providers, the agency reserves the right to adjust the price of the arrangement.
- It is recommended to wear protective masks in organized transport.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 3400 dinars.
- Conditions for entering Romania: as of March 9, 2022, a digital certificate of vaccination against the COVID-19 virus, no PCR test, or a certificate of past illness are required to enter Romania. Also, the previously required PLF form no longer needs to be filled out. It is obligatory to bring a passport, it is necessary that the validity of the passport lasts at least 3 months before the expiration date.
- Own transportation: for this tour own transport is not possible, because the starting and ending point of the hiking tour are not the same.
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
La Vaioaga Waterfall (Cascada La Văioaga) is the first on the trail that you can admire in the national park. It is easily accessible, located about 3 km from the entrance to the national park.
Eye Beu (Ochiul Beiului) is the most popular attraction throughout the year. The depth is only 3m, water is obtained from Karst. The turquoise blue color never changes and the lake never fails. It was named after a local legend, following a tragic love story. The lake is just a 30-minute walk from Podu Bei.
Beusnica Waterfalls (Cascada Beușnita) - are located less than half an hour from Lake Oko Beu. They represent a series of small waterfalls leading to the most impressive, 5 m high, 5 m high, covered with moss and lichens.
Devil's Lake - is of turquoise color, 12 m deep, formed after the collapse of the vault of the cave. It was named after a legend, that is, a devil who drowned in the dark waters of a cave.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - the Nera Gorge
- Departure from Belgrade at 6h
- Driving through Pancevo and Bela Crkva
- Arrival at the border crossing Kaluđerovo, control of the passport
- At just 30 km from the border, our adventure begins in unreal areas
Hiking tour through the Nera Gorge-Beușnița National Park
- Preparation and departure on a hiking tour
- The hiking tour is not demanding, because there are no major ascents on the trail. It is about 20 km long and can be crossed in about 7h-8h of easy walking with breaks for photography.
- At the walking tour we will see a luminous landscape with cliffs, hills, valleys, caves, waterfalls and rare lakes. The most famous natural attractions are the lake Eye Beu (Ochiul Beiului), Devil's Lake and the Beušnica Waterfall.
- The final part of the walking tour to the village of Sasca Romana goes partly through the rocky tunnels and over the hanging bridge, right in front of the village.
- Polazak za Beograd, gde stižemo u kasnim večernjim satima.