Old mountain summer 2020 – adventure, where you will see the most beautiful waterfalls of Serbia, unique geological phenomena, virgin forest Arbinja and perfect view on Zavoj Lake. Staying in the mountain village Dojkinci will return you through time, show the rich tradition and primeval life of our ancestors. Enjoying the traditional specialties of this region you will feel the taste of nature.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad Lokomotiva
The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||15.30h Novi Sad
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Two overnights at Dojkinci Mountain Lodge (one of the most modern mountain huts in Serbia)
Local guide for hiking tours
Sightseeing to the itinerary
|NOT INCLUDED||Food and other individual costs|
- Equipment: hiking shoes, layered clothes, UV protection, backpack, at least 1.5 l water per day. There are options for easier hiking tours.
- Food: Within the Dojkinci mountain lodge, there is a professional kitchen where food can be prepared independently as well as a restaurant part for dining.
- Accommodation: dormitories, for double rooms with private bathrooms, the additional charge is 1000 dinars per person, the price of the tour is 7400 dinars.
- Reservation: payment 40 % of the total amount, the rest by 27th of July
- The tour is realized for a minimum of 17 registered passengers.
- Own transportation: if you come with your own transport, the price of the tour is reduced by 1500 dinars. The price of the tour is 4.900 dinars per person.
- Transportation from Novi Sad: surcharge for transportation from Novi Sad is 1000 dinars per person
Information and reservations:
- By phone on +381 69 655 777
- By e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Watch a short video from our tour at Old mountain.
With this program are valid “Explore Serbia” association tour execution rules and general terms of travel, June 2020.
The organizer reserves the right to the change program – schedule due to objective circumstances.
For this trip is not provided protection for travel guarantees.
Day one (Friday): Novi Sad – Belgrade – Pirot – Dojkinci
- Departure from Novi Sad from Lokomotiva at 3.30 PM
- Departure from Belgrade at 5 PM
- Travel to Nis and Pirot. A break in Nis for a city walking tour, after we'll continue our journey to the village of Dojkinci, where we arrive with breaks in the evening.
- Accommodation in the mountain hut Dojkinci, which is one of the most modern in Serbia. (dormitories, double rooms, dining room, professional kitchen, showers, ladies' and men's toilets).
- Free time. Overnight.
Day two (Saturday): waterfall Tupavica – Ponor – Bodin peak – Dojkinci
- Hiking tour to the waterfall Tupavica, karst pit Ponor, and Bodin peak.
- Tupavica is one of the most beautiful waterfalls on Stara Planina, 15 m high.
- We enter the Arbinje reserve, walking through the upper stream of the Dojkinacka River with numerous waterfalls and cascades. It is one of the most beautiful valleys in Serbia.
- The hike continues to the karst pit Ponor and to Bodin peak at 1484 m.
- Returning to the accoodation. Free time. Overnight.
Length of the trail: 16 km Level: easy-moderate. If someone wants to shorten the hiking tour, it is possible to return to the village Dojkinici, after visiting the waterfall Tupavica.
Day three (Sunday): village Rsovci - Rosomac pots - viewpoint Zavoj Lake - Pirot - Belgrade - Novi Sad
- Breakfast. Leaving the accommodation. Departure at 9 am.
- Transport to the village of Rsovci, where we will visit the Cave Church. Then continue the journey to the village of Slavinja, walk half an hour / 45 min and visiting Rosomacka Gorge – Rosomac pot/Slavinja throat
- Afterwards, on our way to Pirot, we will stop and hike to the viewpoint Kozji kamik on Zavoj Lake (7 km in both directions). There is perfect view on the lake, under which lies the submerged village Lukanja, as well as all the surrounding stone villages in its vicinity. Short break, rest and enjoyment.
- Arrival in Pirot, a small and beautiful city of southeast Serbia. Sightseeing.
- Lunch break where we can try their traditional specialities: pirot cheese, sausages, papers, rakia.
- Departure for Belgrade in the late afternoon.