Serbia's Statehood day - holidays at Old Mountain. Winter adventure where we will visit Tupavica waterfall which is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Serbia. The extraordinary relief of the Rosomach River Gorge and the perfect view of Lake Zavoj await you. If the weather conditions are right, we will hike to the karst pit Ponor and Bodin peak at 1484 m.
Staying in the village Dojkinci will show you the rich tradition of this area.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Two overnights at Dojkinci Mountain Lodge (one of the most modern mountain huts in Serbia)
Local guide for hiking tours
Sightseeing to the itinerary
|NOT INCLUDED||Food and other individual costs|
- Equipment: Layered wardrobe, warm for the winter hiking (winter jacket, cap, leggings, gloves), hiking shoes, spare clothes, backpack, There is a possibility of easier hiking tour.
- Food: Within the Dojkinci mountain lodge, there is a professional kitchen where food can be prepared independently as well as a restaurant part for dining.
- Accommodation: dormitories, for double rooms sa sopstvenim kupatilima, the additional charge is 500 dinars per person, the price of the tour is 6200 dinars.
- Reservation: 40 % at registration, the rest at least by 10th February.
- The tour is being organized for a minimum of 17 participants. In case of an insufficient number of applicants, the tour can be canceled not later than 3 days before the start of the tour.
Information and reservations:
- By phone on +381 69 655 777
- By e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Uz ovaj program važi opšti pravilnik o izvođenju i opšti uslovi putovanja organizacije „Explore Serbia“, Januar 2020. Organizator zadržava pravo izmene programa zbog nepredviđenih okolnosti.
For this trip is not provided protection for travel guarantees.
Day one (15th Feb, Saturday): Belgrade – Nis – Pirot – Dojkinci
- Departure from the parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade at 7.30 AM
- Travel to Nis, Pirot and the village of Dojkinci, where with breaks we arrive in the afternoon.
- Accommodation in the mountain hut Dojkinci, which is one of the most modern in Serbia. (dormitories, double rooms, dining room, professional kitchen, showers, ladies' and men's toilets).
- Free time. Overnight.
Day two (16th Feb, Sunday): waterfall Tupavica – Ponor – Bodin peak or Arbinje reserve
- Walking tour along the Dojkinac River, where we take the first break next to Tupavica Waterfall , located 4.5 km from the village of Dojkinci. It is one of the most beautiful waterfalls on Stara Planina, 15 m high, from which the water flows and represents a tributary of the Dojkinac River.
- If weather conditions will be good, we continue hiking to the karst pit Ponor and Bodin peak at 1484 m. Otherwise, we will enter to the Arbinje reserve and walk through the upper stream of the Dojkinacka River with numerous waterfalls and cascades. It is one of the most beautiful valleys in Serbia.
- Returning to the mountain lodge. Free time. Overnight.
Length of the trail, option 1: Dojkinci – Waterfall Tupavica – Ponor – Bodin peak – Dojkinici, around 16 km, total ascend around 600 m
Length of the trail, option 2: Dojkinci – Waterfall Tupaica – the Arbinje reserve – Dojkinci, hiking along Dojkinacka River, around 20 km, insignificant ascend.
If someone wants, after visiting the Tupavica waterfall, can return back to Dojkinci and shorten a hike.
Day three (17th Feb, Monday): Rosomac pots - viewpoint Zavoj Lake - Pirot - Belgrade
- Breakfast. Leaving the accomodation. Departure at 7.30 am.
- Transfer to the village Slavinja. Hiking tour around 45 minutes, visiting unique Rosomacka Gorge – Rosomac pot/Slavinja throat
- Afterwards, on our way to Pirot, we will stop and hike to the viewpoint Kozji kamik on Zavoj Lake (7 km in both directions). There is perfect view on the lake, under which lies the submerged village Lukanja, as well as all the surrounding stone villages in its vicinity. Short break, rest and enjoyment.
- Arrival in Pirot. Free time for walking or lunch break where we can try their traditional specialities: pirot cheese, sausages, papers, rakia.
- Return to Belgrade in the evening hours.