Rajac is a mountainous landscape and part of the mountain Suvobor, which belongs to the Valjevo mountains. The peak Rajac is located at 848 m above sea level. The area of Rajac belongs to the territory of the municipality of Ljig. This mountainous landscape is one of the most accessible and beautiful near Belgrade, with beautiful views. It is a real green and gentle oasis with many meadows and glades, forests of beech, oak, birch, ash, Quercus cerris, and in the highest areas and conifers. There are numerous sources of water, while a large number of herbs grow on the meadows of Rajac.
The landscape got its name because the old travel writers called it "paradise on earth".
On a circular hiking tour, we will go to the highest peak of Rajac, where you will get to know the beauty of this area of exceptional features.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, near Lokomotiva
Belgrade, parking lot in the municipality of Novi Beograd
|DEPARTURE TIME||5.30h Novi Sad
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour on Rajac
Transportation from Novi Sad
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the Rajac hiking tour: Standard for hiking actions. Hiking shoes or sports shoes with a stronger sole, adequate clothing adapted to the weather conditions. Please bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 19 km
- Total ascend/descend: oko 450 m
- Category: easy, hikers across meadows and grassy hills, forest paths
- Duration: about 5-6h with breaks
- For the realization of the tour, it is necessary to have a minimum of 17 entries
- In organized transportation, it is mandatory to wear protective masks.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, price is 2500 dinars.
- Transportation from Novi Sad: surcharge is 1000 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 1000 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 1600 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 3 days before departure.
Landscape of exceptional features Rajac
Rajac is also known for its tourist event "Mowing on Rajac" which is held every year in July. It symbolically represents the end of mowing mountain meadows.
Competitors compete in mowing mountain grass. The mowers are in traditional costume, with straw hats and an embroidered, colorful bag on their shoulders. The competition itself is an opportunity for the participants to show their skill, where the most skilled stand out quickly. The event is accompanied by a cultural and artistic program and a folk settlement. The colorful folk costumes include mowers, water carriers, housewives, trumpeters and singers.
The landscape of exceptional features "Rajac", in addition to exceptional natural features, has a significant place in the history of Serbia. During the First World War, the Battle of Kolubara took place in the area of Rajac, covering the area of the municipality of Ljig and the mountain Suvobor. A monument was erected on Rajac as part of the famous 1,300 corporals who took part in the battle.
The area of Rajac is characterized by valuable landscapes, historical and ethnological features of this area.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Rajac
- Polazak iz Beograda u 7.00h sa parkirališta opštine Novi Beograd. Putovanje preko Ljiga do Rajca.
- Short break and preparation for hiking. Departure for the hiking tour around 10 am.
Hiking tour on Rajac
- The hiking tour starts from the mountain lodge on Rajac and goes over meadows, hills and forest roads.
- We will go to the highest peak of Suvobor mountain at 864 m, then to Rajac at 848 m. The trail is not demanding, it is suitable for beginners and children. It is about 19 km long, lasting about 5-6 hours with breaks. If someone is struggling to hike the entire trail, it can be shortened.
- You will enjoy phenomenal views of the surrounding countryside.
- After a hiking tour, lunch can be arranged nearby.
- Return to Belgrade by 9 PM.