Moderate to challenging
Ascend to the gigantic Rtanj from north to south. Our unique mountain with a three-sided pyramid at the top, almost regular in shape. We go to the highest peak Šiljak at 1565 m, from where there is a phenomenal view of the surrounding mountains.
The ascent along the northern side is especially beautiful and interesting, due to the coniferous forest and rocky sections at the ridge.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, by agreement
The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||4.30 h Novi Sad
6 h Belgrade
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation from Belgrade
Mountaineering tour on Rtanj with a licensed mountain guide
Transportation from Novi Sad (additional 1000 dinars)
- Equipment: For a ascend on Rtanj from north to south are necessary hiking boots, layered clothes (on top it can be quite cold, the recommendation to bring a wind-stopper jacket), spare clothes, bring enough water and food (snacks, sandwiches, fruits), sun protection (UV cream, sunglasses, hat...). We recommend hiking poles.
- Physical requirements: a solid physical readiness is needed for hiking tour at Rtanj
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 15 km
- Total ascend: 1200 m
- Ukupni spust: 970 m
- Category: Moderate to challenging
- Ascend duration: about 5 hours with breaks; Descend duration: about 3 hours with breaks
- The tour is organized for at least 19 registered passengers.
- In organized transportation, it is mandatory to wear protective masks.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, price is 3100 dinars.
- Transportation from Novi Sad: surcharge is 1000 dinars.
- Own transportation: for this tour own transport is not possible, because the starting and ending point from where we start hiking is not the same.
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 3 days before departure.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo. According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Rtanj
- Departure from Belgrade at 6 AM from the parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
- Arrival around 8.30h to Rtanj Mountain
- Short refreshment, preparation for a climb.
Ascend to the top Siljak
- Starting hiking to the north side of the mountain.
- Around 1 pm we reach the top of Šiljak at 1565 m. It is 7 km to the top, and the entire trail is about 15 km long. The ascent of about 1200 m and the descent of 970 m is overcome. The tour belongs to the moderate to challenging category.
- After a break at the top, descend to the village of Rtanj on the south side.
- After the hiking tour there is the possibility of organizing dinner at a nearby restaurant.
- After lunch, departure to Belgrade where we will arrive in the evening, around 10 PM.