Winter hiking tour to impressive Rtanj Mountain. It is our unique mountain with a three-side pyramid on the top, almost the right shape.
We take you on the climb to the highest peak Šiljak at 1565 m. This tour is a challenge, only for the physically prepared.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Belgrade, parking lot in the municipality of Novi Beograd|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Mountaineering tour at Rtanj
|NOT INCLUDED||Lunch and other individual costs|
- Description of the hiking trail: the trail is a moderate-challenging category, only for the physically prepared, 15 km in length, 1200 m ascent, 970 m descent
- Equipment: Layered wardrobe, warm for the winter climb (winter jacket, cap, leggings, gloves), hiking shoes, spare clothes, bring enough water and food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Physical requirements: a solid physical readiness is needed for hiking tour at Rtanj
- For the realization of the tour, it is necessary to have a minimum of 17 entries
- In organized transportation, it is mandatory to wear protective masks.
- Own transportation: if you come by your own transportation, the price of the tour is 1200 dinars.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here.
The three-sided pyramid, almost the right shape of its highest peak Siljak, makes the Rtanj mountain unique. Siljak is high 1565 m.
The meaning of the name of the mountain itself, which is believed to have originated from the old civilization of Artania, which inhabited the area of Rtanj, instilled in the people the belief that Rtanj is a healing mountain. The special healing powers of Rtanj herbs help to heal wounds and cuts faster and to recover vital energy. The most famous of them is Rtanj tea (Satureja montana).The symbol of the mountain is also an endemic species, Rtanj mint, which grows only there. The gigantic three-sided pyramid, with various flora and fauna, numerous natural springs, and springs, is overgrown with wild fir forest on the northern slopes.
At the foot of Rtanj is a park-forest, unique in Europe, with about 150 species of trees and shrubs. Mixed forests of fir and beech are predominant in Rtanj, and their particularly interesting inhabitants are large blue butterflies, short-legged lizards, fairy cavalry, and many species of birds. In the pastures and meadows, there is often hawthorn bush, wild rose, steppe almond... There is a growing number of mountaineers who see it as a real challenge regardless of the time of year or the weather.
Amazing stories circulate about Rtanj, the mountain of salvation, the mountain of aliens, the generator of energy, a place visited by strange beings.
In 2012, when it was announced that there would be an apocalypse and the end of the world, Rtanj became known beyond the borders of Serbia. A number of foreign media then reported that Mount Rtanj would be one of the few in the world to be bypassed by the apocalypse. In December 2012, a large number of foreign nationals sought rescue from the apocalypse in the village of Rtanj and the surrounding villages. The apocalypse was still absent that year, but Rtanj became known worldwide as the mystical "Serbian pyramid".
Previously, Rtanj was visited mainly by mountaineers, herb collectors and hunting enthusiasts. After 2012, Rtanj becomes interesting to a much wider guest structure. It is frequented by holiday lovers of domestic crafts, even those who believe in conspiracy theories and expect to see aliens and flying saucers on Rtanj.
At the "Vrelo" energy site, which is believed to have the beneficial effects of natural magnesium, increasing number of tourists coming to relax and "recharge" the body. In addition to many beliefs in the mystical powers of Rtanj, science acknowledges that there is an anomaly of the geomagnetic field on Rtanj that cannot be explained.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Rtanj
- Departure from Belgrade at 5.45 AM from the parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
- Arrival around 8.30h to Rtanj Mountain
- Short refreshment, preparation for a climb.
Ascend to the top Siljak
- Starting hiking to the north side of the mountain.
- At about 13 PM we reach the peak Siljak at 1565 m. The trail is about 15 km long, with an ascent of about 1200 m and a descent of 970 m. Due to winter conditions, the tour falls into the moderate-challenging category.
- After a short break at the top, descent to the southern side of Rtanj.
- After the tour there is a possibility of organizing lunch
- After lunch, departure to Belgrade where we will arrive in the evening, around 10 PM.