Moderate to challenging
Stolovi is a mountain located southwest of Kraljevo, between the Ibar, Ribnica and Brezanska rivers. The tributaries of these rivers, with their deep valleys, divided the mountain into long ridges and slopes and gave it a completely star-shaped shape. The mountain is dominated by vast meadows where several herds of wild horses have lived for years, which are taken care of by the locals from the surrounding villages. This mountain is protected by law and enjoys the status of a landscape of exceptional features. Every year in May, thousands of nature lovers visit this mountain, on foot or by bicycle, to enjoy the fragrant meadows full of wild daffodils.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade|
|DEPARTURE TIME||6.00 h|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation from Belgrade
Hiking tour with a licensed hiking guide
Other individual costs
- Equipment: Deep hiking boots with a vibram sole or sports shoes with a stronger sole, adequate clothing in accordance with the weather conditions. Backpack with the necessary mountaineering equipment for a one-day action. Be sure to bring enough water (1.5 l), one meal, energy bars, fruit, waste bag and small backpack, horse food (apples, carrots…), a spare T-shirt, long pants or tracksuit, raincoat, sunscreen, a hat, an ID card and a health card.
- Information about a hiking trail: moderate to challenging, length 21 km, time 7h-8h, ascent / descent 1200 m, highest point 1375 m. This hiking tour is not recommended for people with poor physical condition and / or health problems; the guide reserves the right not to take a person with inadequate equipment for hiking; prohibited consumption of alcoholic beverages before and during hiking; in case of bad weather and other objective circumstances, hiking tou can be postponed.
- The tour is organized for at least 18 registered passengers.
- The price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here.
Information and reservations:
- By phone on +381 69 655 777
- By e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is valid general rules on execution and general conditions of travel of the organization "Explore Serbia"
Belgrade – Kraljevo – Stolovi
- Departure from Belgrade from the parking lot of Novi Beograd municipality at 6 am
- Journey to Kraljevo and Stolovi. On the way coffee / breakfast break of 30 minutes.
- Arrival in the village of Kamenica on Stolovi until 10.00 h.
Stolovi planinarska tura
- Short preparation for the hiking tour.
- The hiking tour starts from the village of Kamenica, located on the east side of Stolovo. The road to the top is about 10 km long. Most of the hiking trail is followed by a well-trodden macadam road of gentle ascent without much shade and springs.
- When climbing the ridge, you will see the landscapes of Goč, Željin, Kopaonik, and the view of the Lilac Valley and the city of Kraljevo is very fascinating. In the higher parts of the mountain, vast meadows dominate, where several herds of wild horses have been living for years, which are taken care of by the locals from the surrounding villages.
- We'll take a break from one of the rest areas, lunch break from the backpack at the top of the mountain at 1375 m where you will hear theories about the origin of the name of this mountain and other interesting things.
- The return to the foot of the mountain is planned towards the southern slopes in the direction of Goč. We finish the hike at the mountain lodge "Zorica Gizdović" in the village of Brezna.
- End of the hike around 7 p.m. If there is time, after the tour we will go to dinner in one of the restaurants of national cuisine or in one of the distilleries.
- Information about a hiking trail: moderate-challenging, length 21 km, time 7h-8h, ascent / descent 1200 m, highest point 1375 m.
- The planned return to Belgrade is till 10 pm.