May 18, 2019
Deliblato Sands–Zagaj Hills
One-day hiking tour in Deliblato Sands on its beautiful Zagaj Hills. It is an unusual landscape on the northeastern edge. Attractive globular hillocks are ancient sand dunes, partly covered the forest, partly with steppe vegetation, a unique relic of the Pannonian plain landscape.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation
Hiking tour with a guide
Transportation by scaffold to the fortress Ram
Other individual costs
- Payment: 30 % at registration, the rest at least 5 days before the tour
- Za realizaciju ture, neophodno je minumum 16 prijavljenih.
- Own transportation: ukoliko neko ide sopstvenim prevozom cena ture iznosi 600 dinara.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here.
This program is valid general rules on execution and general conditions of travel of the organization "Explore Serbia"
Belgrade - Deliblato Sands
- Departure from Belgrade at 7h
- Transfer to the village Grebenac at the edge of Deliblato Sands
Hiking tour to Zagaj Hills
- Start at 9 AM
- Going to the ridge where the views of the steppe valleys between the hill open up; A beautiful circular path leads to the highest point where the monument is located
- After the monument, the trail slowly descends between hills and circularly returns to the start
- The length of the trail is about 15 km, with no major ascend and high altitude differences. We will pass the trail in about 4.5 hours.
- After hiking tour, we will go to Stara Palanka, the village at the mouth of the river Nera to the Danube. There is a scaffolding which leads to the Ram fortress on the other side of the Danube. There is a possibility of excursion with a scaffolding to Ram and sightseeing of the fortress Ram.
- The Ram fortress: the fortress is near the place that carries the same name. In this area, there was a Roman complex Laderata from where the emperor Traian crossed the Danube on his expedition to Dacia. The Roman location was the base for the Turkish fortress built in the XV century by Mehmet Pasha. Epigraphic monuments, jewelry, plastics, and ceramics are indicated on the ancient settlement. At the Roman site in the 15th century, Strong walls and five towers were built of stone, around the fortress there was a trench, and something further caravan saraj.
- Lunch in some of the famous fish restaurants in Stara Palanka, which has plenty in this village.
- Return to Belgrade in the evening.