The canyon of the Panjica River is located in southwestern Serbia, not far from Arilje, in the village of Dobrače. The canyon is adorned with incredible beauty, wilderness, a waterfall, and beautiful cascades, which makes this area a real tropical destination. During the walk, we will see the Water Cave, which is the most important and largest speleological object in this area. What is interesting is that our botanist and doctor Josif Pančić walked along the canyon of the Panjica River, and he found an endemic plant species right there.
Veliki Rzav is one of the cleanest rivers in Serbia, which rises at the foot of Mt. Mučanj. The landscape of our country is characterized by exceptional natural beauty, with rich forests, landscapes, and picturesque canyons through which the Veliki Rzav passes. The river is also known for creating waterfalls and rapids, which are attractive to nature lovers, hikers, and adventurers. It is 62 km long, flows through Arilje, and further flows into the Moravica River.
A real summer tour during which we will walk along the canyon of the Panjica River to the Panjica waterfall and the Water Cave, and then find a corner to enjoy the beach and swim.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade|
|DEPARTURE TIME||7h Beograd|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by bus from Belgrade
A guide and all activities (hiking, canoeing/catamaran ride)
|NOT INCLUDED||Lunch and other individual costs|
- Equipment for the Panjica River Canyon and Veliki Rzav tour: The standard for hiking actions. Mountaineering shoes or sports sneakers with a stronger sole, adequate hiking clothing adapted to the weather conditions, a backpack, bring enough water, and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit). Footwear such as slippers, flip flops, and water sandals, for water sports, is not recommended! Since we will be swimming, bring a bathing suit and a spare change of clothes.
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 9 km
- Category: easy, walk through the canyon through the forest and water
- Duration: up to 3 hours with breaks
- For the tour realization, it is necessary a minimum of 18 passengers
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 4500 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 2500 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 3500 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
- Accident insurance: persons between the ages of 14 and 75 are insured. When registering, and no later than 2 days before the tour, you need to send us your first and last name and your personal number.
- Photos used:
- Cover photo Zoran Cvetković, CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons Arilje Dobrača Panjica
- In the gallery – Zoran Cvetković, CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons Arilje Dobrača Panjica; AriljeNocu, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia Commons, Žuta stena plaža u Arilju; Zoran Cvetković, CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons Arilje Dobrača Panjica
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade- Arilje - Dobrače
- Departure from Belgrade at 7:00 a.m., parking lot of the municipality of Novi Beograd.
- Journey to Arilje and the village of Dobrače lasting 2.5 hours, with a break for coffee and refreshments.
- Arrival in the village and preparation for the tour.
A hike through the canyon of the Panjica river and swimming in the Veliki Rzav river
- Departure for a hiking tour. The walk along the canyon of the Panjica River takes about 3 hours with breaks. The path we will follow passes through the forest, in some places through water and a couple of small bridges. The first thing we will see is the waterfall on the Panjica River, which represents the true pearl of the Arilje region, together with the Water Cave. The path belongs to the easier category and can be crossed even by beginners in mountaineering.
- After the hike, we go to relax and unwind on one of the beaches on the Veliki Rzav River. During the summer, Veliki Rzav becomes a real attraction for all lovers of swimming in the river. Some of the most famous beaches are Sonja čari, Žuta Stena, Bosa noga, Urjak...
- Optionally, after the tour we can organize a late lunch in one of the local rural households.
- Return to Belgrade in the evening. End of program.