Goč is a mountain between the Ibar and the West Morava, not far from Kraljevo and Vrnjacka Banja. Its highest peak is Ljukten with 1216 meters. It belongs to the Kopaonik group of mountains within the Dinarides. Goč is one of the most forested mountains in Serbia, overgrown with beech and fir forests, and Goč pine, sessile oak, and noble deciduous trees are also represented. There is also an unusual beech tree, triple fused, which forms a "beech kiss" with its shape.
The mountain has about 650 plant species, many of which are medicinal. While walking, you can pick forest fruits and medicinal herbs. Goc is known for its springs and mountain rivers that enrich your stay in nature with forests and murmurs. The tourist offer of Goč is further refined by the existence of the artificial lake Selište, which has its charms at any time of the year.
On this tour, we will have the opportunity to experience Goč in the most beautiful autumn colors, go on a hiking tour to the top of Ljukten, and enjoy taking photos of the fairy-tale lake Selište.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, Merkator Shopping center
The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||4.30 h (Novi Sad)
6.00 h (Beograd)
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation from Belgrade
Guided hiking tour
Sightseeing to the itinerary
Transportation from Novi Sad
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the Goč hiking tour: the standard for hiking tours, deep hiking boots, hiking poles, and adequate clothing according to the weather conditions. Backpack, poles, enough water, and some food (fruit, snacks...)
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 15 km
- Total ascend/descend: around 800 m
- Category: moderate
- Duration: about 6 to 7 hours with breaks
- For the realization of the tour, a minimum of 18 registered passengers is required.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 5400 dinars.
- Transportation from Novi Sad: the surcharge is 1200 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come with your own transport, the price of the Goč hiking tour is 3000 dinars with Explore Serbia membership cards. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 4000 dinars.
- Accident insurance: in order for this type of insurance to be active, you need to send us your personal number (JMBG) when registering.
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo. According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade – Goč
- Departure from Novi Sad at 4.30 AM
- Departure from Belgrade at 6.00 AM
- Traveling by highway via Gornji Milanovac, Čačak, and Vrnjačka Banja to Goč. A break on the way.
Mountaineering tour on Goč
- Short preparation for the hike, around 10 a.m. departure for the tour from the Kedar eco-village.
- A circular hiking trail leads us through the beautiful landscapes of Goča to his highest peak Ljukten (1,216 m) from which there is a phenomenal view towards Željin, Župa, and the valley of Western Morava. You will enjoy the autumn landscapes and views of the surrounding mountains. The hiking trail goes along forest paths alternating between beech, oak, and conifer forest.
- On the trail, we will enjoy a photo break at the fairytale Lake Selište. The lake is of artificial origin, surrounded by a beautiful coniferous forest.
- End of the hike around 5 pm.
- After the tour, a late lunch can be arranged at the nearby Kedar Eco Village restaurant.
- Information about a hiking trail: circular path, length about 15 km, moderate category, duration about 6h-7h, ascent/descent about 800 m.
- Return to Belgrade around 11 p.m.