One-day tour in Eastern Serbia. Hiking tour on the northeastern slopes of the Homolje mountains, across Stubej, with a visit to the Vitovnica monastery and the Ceremošnja Cave.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour, sightseeing to the itinerary
Ticket for Ceremošnja Cave (250 dinars)
Other individual costs
- Equipment: Deep hiking boots with a vibram sole or deep sports shoes with stronger sole, backpack, layered wardrobe, adapted to weather conditions, we recommend trekking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 17 km
- Total ascend/descend: about 700 m
- Category: easy-moderate
- Duration: around 6-7 hours with breaks
- For the realization of the tour in the Homolje mountains, a minimum of 17 applicants is required.
- In organized transportation, it is mandatory to wear protective masks.
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 3 days before departure.
Information and reservations:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 0642620095, 0696550777
The Homolje mountains belong to the Carpathian-Balkan group of mountains. They are built mostly of slate and limestone. They are located between the Zviška valley in the north and the Žagubica valley in the south, as well as between the Mlavska valley in the west and the source parts of Gornji Pek in the east. The average height is about 900 meters, and the highest peak is Oman at 962 meters. The mountains are rich in dense forest and many river springs. The lower parts of the Homolje mountains are overgrown with oak forests, in the middle parts there are oak and beech forests, while in the highest parts there are pastures and meadows, and on them katuns and bacije, ancient cattle-breeding habitats, where flocks of sheep graze, from whose milk it is made Homolje cheese.
In the administrative sense, Homolje almost completely belongs to the municipality of Zagubica, which borders the municipalities of Petrovac, Despotovac, Bor, Majdanpek and Kucevo.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Petrovac na Mlavi - the Vitovnica monastery
- Departure from Belgrade at 7 AM from the parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
- Travel through Požarevac and Petrovac na Mlavi. Coffee and breakfast break in Petrovac on the banks of the Mlava for 30 minutes.
- Continuation of the trip, a short drive to Vitovnica monastery. Sightseeing tour of the monastery and the tomb of Father Thaddeus.
Hiking tour through Stubej to the Ceremosnja cave
- The hiking tour starts from the monastery. Ascend with a length of 10-12 km with an altitude difference of about 700 m. It takes 3-4 hours of easy walking. A short break at the top of Veliki Štubej at 940 m. Descent in the length of 5 km with an altitude difference of 400 meters, which requires 1 hour to 1.5 hours of easy walking. The trail is rich in beautiful views of the flat Pomoravlje, the undulating Šumadija and the steep slopes of the Southern Carpathians in neighboring Romania.
- The trail ends close to Ceremošnja Cave. Sightseeing tour of the cave with an expert guide. Ceremošnja is rich in cave jewelry, stalactites, stalagmites, cave pillars, such as the pillar "On Eternal Guard", which is a recognizable sign of Ceremošnja. The remains of a bear that lived about a hundred thousand years ago were found in it.
- Possibility of lunch in the restaurant near the cave or going to Kucevo, free time for sightseeing and lunch.
- Departure for Belgrade no later than 7.30 pm where we arrive around 9 pm.