One day tour in Homolje, which represents a true ecological oasis with numerous watermills, interesting caves, legends, myths and customs. Hiking tour from Gornjak Monastery to Bistrica village across Mt. Mali and Veliki Vukan.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Bus transportation
Other individual costs
- Payment: 30 % at registration, the rest at least 7 days before the tour
- For the tour realization, it is necessary minimum 18 passengers
- The tour booking the latest by 10th of May
Belgrade - Petrovac on Mlava - village Bistrica
- Departure from Belgrade at 7h
- Travel through Pozarevac, Petrovac on Mlava to the monastery Gornjak
- Visiting the monastery from XIV century that is located next to the rocky cliffs of Mt. Jazevec.
Hiking tour from Gornjak to the village Bistrica
- Easy hiking tour from the monastery across Mt. Mali and Veliki Vukan.
- Visiting the village Bistrica that is unique by its watermills. more than two centuries old. There are eight watermills on this river and they are all in the function where corn and wheat are being melted as it used to be, 100 and 200 years ago. Walking and enjoying the forgotten sounds of clapping.
- Lunch - traditional Serbian food from this region: sheep and cow cheese, lamb, trout.
- Return to Belgrade in the evening.
The village got its name by the river Bistrica. This village is unique by number of remaining old watermills on the river Bistrica, more than two centuries old. There are eight watermills on this river and they are all in function where corn and wheat is being melted as it used to be, 100 and 200 years ago.
The monastery was built in XIV century. It is located next to the rocky cliffs of Mt. Jazevec. and where flows fast river Mlava. The monastery is the endowment of Prince Lazar. Medieval buildings are preserved: the main monastery church dedicated to Vavedenje and the anchoress in the cave, dedicated to St. Nicholas.