One day tour in Homolje, which represents a true ecological oasis with numerous watermills, interesting caves, legends, myths and customs. Hiking tour from Gornjak Monastery to Bistrica village across Mt. Mali and Veliki Vukan.
The village Bistrica got its name by the river Bistrica. The river is unique by the number of remaining old watermills more than two centuries old.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Other individual costs
- Equipment for Homolje: hiking boots or sports shoes with a stronger sole, please bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruits)
- Information about a hiking trail: Length 11 km, ascend 640 m, descend 615 m. The trail is easy-moderate with a duration of about 6 h.
- For the realization of the tour, it is necessary to have a minimum of 17 entries
- Supplement for transportation from Novi Sad is 1000 dinars (for minimum 10 passengers)
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here.
The village got its name by the river Bistrica. This village is unique by number of remaining old watermills on the river Bistrica, more than two centuries old. There are eight watermills on this river and they are all in function where corn and wheat is being melted as it used to be, 100 and 200 years ago.
The monastery was built in XIV century. It is located next to the rocky cliffs of Mt. Jazevec. and where flows fast river Mlava. The monastery is the endowment of Prince Lazar. Medieval buildings are preserved: the main monastery church dedicated to Vavedenje and the anchoress in the cave, dedicated to St. Nicholas.
This program is valid general rules on execution and general conditions of travel of the organization "Explore Serbia"
Belgrade - Petrovac na Mlavi - Gornjak monastery
- Departure from Belgrade at 7h
- Travel through Pozarevac, Petrovac on Mlava to the monastery Gornjak
- Visiting the monastery from XIV century that is located next to the rocky cliffs of Mt. Jazevec.
Hiking tour from Gornjak to Zdrelo - the village Bistrica
- Easy hiking tour from the monastery Gornjak across Mt. Mali and Veliki Vukan to Zdrelo.
- Visiting the village Bistrica that is unique by its watermills. more than two centuries old. There are eight watermills on this river and they are all in the function where corn and wheat are being melted as it used to be, 100 and 200 years ago. Walking and enjoying the forgotten sounds of clapping.
- Lunch - traditional Serbian food from this region: sheep and cow cheese, lamb, trout.
- Return to Belgrade in the evening.