Get to know a part of the wonderful and unexplored Banat, beautiful nature and unusual landscapes, and fascinating history, with a guide who knows all the natural beauties, history and incredible stories that adorn this area.
The area of exceptional features "Karas - Nera" is located in southeastern Banat, in the municipality of Bela Crkva. The area is protected and consists of three spatial units: "Karas", "Nera" and "Mali pesak".
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, near Lokomotiva
Belgrade, parking lot in the municipality of Novi Beograd
|DEPARTURE TIME||5.30h Novi Sad
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Bus transportation from Belgrade
Sightseeing tour in Bela Crkva
Hiking tour through the landscape of exceptional features "Karas-Nera"
Guide and organization of the tour
Transportation from Novi Sad
Other individual costs
- Equipment: Standard for hiking actions. Hiking shoes or sports shoes with a stronger sole, adequate clothing adapted to the weather conditions. Please bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- The tour falls into the easy category. Everyone who loves enjoying nature can participate in this hiking action, it is also suitable for children.
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 12 km
- Total ascend/descend: insignificant
- Category: easy, hiking over meadows and grassy hills, and sandy roads and gravel
- Duration: about 4h with breaks
- For the realization of the tour, it is necessary to have a minimum of 25 entries
- In organized transportation, it is mandatory to wear protective masks.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 2800 dinars.
- Transportation from Novi Sad: surcharge is 1000 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 1100 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 1700 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 3 days before departure.
The main values of the Landscape of exceptional features "Karas-Nera" are preserved abandoned meanders of the river Karas and river habitats of the Nera, then sandstones and steppes. In the sandstones there are dunes - unusual forms of relief, created by wind (Aeolian erosion). Their height can reach up to 100 m. In the area of "Little Sand", dunes relief is the most visible. It is bordered by two rivers and is characterized by the contrast of dry sandstones and clear torrential waters.
Underwater, coastal and floating vegetation has been preserved in the cut meanders of the Karas River, and rare animal species are also present. The Nera River with its flood zone is a particularly valuable landscape. It flows along the border of Serbia and Romania and connects the Carpathians and the Pannonian Plain. It often changes its course and builds a landscape composed of steep banks, reefs, hell, meanders and lagoons.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Bela Crkva
- Departure from Belgrade at 7 am. Travel through Pancevo and Kovin to Bela Crkva
- Arrival in Bela Crkva until 9 am. Breakfast break and refreshments from 9:00 to 10:00
- Sightseeing tour of the viewpoint and the old town from 10:00 to 11:30: a short tour that introduces you to Bela Crkva, a part of history, legends, curiosities… Stories about a town that has enchanted numerous travelers and historical figures (even one emperor!) with its architecture, history and civic life for centuries.
Hiking tour in the Landscape of Exceptional Features "Karas-Nera"
- Drive to the Landscape of Outstanding Features "Karas-Nera", location Mali pesak, driving length to the starting point of hiking is 15 min.
- Hiking through the Landscape of Exceptional Features "Karas - Nera" (part of Little Sand) over hills and meadows; a tour of the lookout point with a panorama of Deliblato Sands, the wide Danube and the Ram Fortress, the Banat Mountains, Romania, the Danube-Tisa-Danube canal; sightseeing tour of the meander of old Karas, the former course of the river Karas and the habitat of rare marsh birds; walking along the embankment of the Danube - Tisa - Danube canal, the most beautifully arranged part of the DTD canal in its entire course.
- During the hiking tour, getting to know the natural values and the history of the surroundings and this part of Banat, from the Neolithic to the present day: Neolithic settlements, Celts, Sarmatians, Romans, Byzantines, Huns, Slavs, Hungarians, Ottoman Empire, Austro - Hungarian monarchy, etc. legends, interesting stories.
- After the hiking tour, lunch can be organized in one of the restaurants in Banatska Palanka.
- Return to Belgrade by 9 PM.