Ovcar-Kablar Gorge is a protected natural area with about 150 species of birds, 30 species of fish and more than 600 plant species. It is distinguished by the steep, high limestone sides with several caves. The gorge is carved between the 985 meters high mountain of Ovcar on the south and 889 meters high Kablar on the north, thus gaining its name. Ovcar spa and famous monasteries are situated here.
Hiking tour at the mountain Ovcar. We will go to the top at 985 m from where is a beautiful viewpoint to Western Morava meanders.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, near Lokomotiva
Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||5.30h Novi Sad
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour to the top of Ovcar mountain
A guide and the tour organization
|NOT INCLUDED|| Lunch and other individual costs
Ticket for wellness canter Kablar (300 din)
- Equipment: hiking shoes or sports shoes with a stronger sole, water, and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruits). For the wellness center please bring a swimming suit, a towel, and slippers.
- Information about a hiking trail: Length 9 km, total ascent/descend 685 m, category: easy
- For the realization of the tour, it is necessary to have a minimum of 17 entries
- For departure from Novi Sad, the supplement is 1000 dinars
- If you use it own transport, the price is reduced by 800 dinars
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here.
With this program are valid “Explore Serbia” association tour execution rules and general terms of travel, February 2020. The organizer reserves the right to the change program – schedule due to objective circumstances.
For this trip is not provided protection for travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Ovcar-Kablar Gorge
- Departure from Novi Sad at 5.30
- Departure from Belgrade at 7h
- Travel to the Ibar motorway to Ovčar spa, where we arrive around 9h
- Short break and refreshment before the hiking tour
Hiking to the top of Ovcar Mountain
- Departure on a hiking tour to the top of Ovcar and to the viewing point from where you can see the West Morave meanders.
- The hiking trail goes from the monastery Preobrazenje, then through the forest to the monastery Sretenje and to the top at 985 m.
- Total hiking duration is around 4 h with breaks.
- After hiking tour, lunch and refreshment in a nearby restaurant in Ovcar spa.
- Who does not want to walk, can spend the time by visiting some of the monasteries or using the wellness facilities of the hotel "Kablar" (a thermal water pool, price of ticket is 300 dinars).
- After lunch we return to Belgrade, where we arrive in the evening.
Ovcar-Kablar Gorge is a protected natural area with about 150 species of birds, 30 species of fish and more than 600 plant species. It is distinguished by steep, high limestone sides with several caves. The gorge was carved between 985 meters high mountain Ovcar in the south and 889 meters high Cablara in the north, after which it got its name. Ovčar spa and famous monasteries are located here.