Ovcar-Kablar Gorge is a protected natural area with about 150 species of birds, 30 species of fish and more than 600 plant species. It is distinguished by the steep, high limestone sides with several caves. The gorge is carved between the 985 meters high mountain of Ovcar on the south and 889 meters high Kablar on the north, thus gaining its name. Ovcar spa and famous monasteries are situated here.
Hiking tour to the top of the Ovčar mountain, to the lookout point from where the meanders of the West Morava are best seen. On the trail, we will pass by the monasteries of Sretenje and the Holy Trinity and visit the attractive Banjski potok.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, Merkator Shopping center
Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||5.40h Novi Sad
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour to the top of Ovcar mountain
A guide and the tour organization
|NOT INCLUDED|| Lunch and other individual costs
Ticket for wellness canter Kablar (600 din)
- Equipment for the Ovčar hiking tour: Deep hiking shoes with a vibrating sole or deep shoes/boots for snow, backpack, layered wardrobe, warm for winter conditions (winter jacket, hat, gaiters, gloves), we recommend trekking poles, bring enough water, and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit). For the Kablar wellness center, bring a bathing suit, towel, and slippers.
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 14 km
- Total ascend/descend: 700 m
- Category: easy-moderate
- Duration: about 5h-6h
- For the tour realization, it is necessary a minimum of 18 passengers
- In organized transportation, it is mandatory to wear protective masks.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, price is 3000 dinars.
- For departure from Novi Sad, the supplement is 1000 dinars
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transportation, the price of the tour is 1500 dinara (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 2100 dinara (for those who do not have a membership card),
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo. According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Ovcar-Kablar Gorge
- Departure from Novi Sad at 5.40 am, in front of Mercator.
- Departure from the parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade at 7 AM
- Traveling via the highway to Ovčar Banja, where we arrive around 9h.
- Short break and refreshment before the hiking tour
Hiking to the top of Ovcar Mountain
- Departure on a hiking tour to the top of Ovcar and to the viewing point from where you can see the West Morave meanders.
- The trail goes from the Preobraženje monestery, then goes along the forest road where we reach the Sretenje monastery, It continues to to the top of Ovčar at 985 m.
- After a break at the top and enjoying the view, there is a descent to the Holy Trinity Monastery, then the trail continues further through the forest to another attraction of this area - Banjski potok. Visiting and taking photos, after which we go to Ovčar spa.
- Total hiking duration is around 5-6h with breaks.
- After hiking tour, lunch and refreshment in a nearby restaurant in Ovcar spa.
- Those who do not want to hike can spend the time visiting some of the monasteries or using the wellness facilities of the hotel "Kablar" (swimming pool with thermal water, the ticket price is 600 dinars).
- After lunch return to Belgrade, where we arrive by 9 pm.