Ovcar-Kablar Gorge is a protected natural area with about 150 species of birds, 30 species of fish and more than 600 plant species. It is distinguished by the steep, high limestone sides with several caves. The gorge is carved between the 985 meters high mountain of Ovcar on the south and 889 meters high Kablar on the north, thus gaining its name. Ovcar spa and famous monasteries are situated here.
Hiking tour at the mountain Ovcar. We will go to the top at 985 m from where is a beautiful viewpoint to Western Morava meanders.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, near Lokomotiva
Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||5.30h Novi Sad
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour to the top of Ovcar mountain
A guide and the tour organization
|NOT INCLUDED|| Lunch and other individual costs
Ulaznica za bazen u wellness centru Kablar (600 din)
- Equipment for the Ovčar hiking tour: hiking shoes or sports shoes with a stronger sole, water, and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruits). For the wellness center please bring a swimming suit, a towel, and slippers.
- Information about a hiking trail: Length 10 km, total ascent/descend 685 m, category: easy
- For the realization of the tour, it is necessary to have a minimum of 17 entries
- In organized transportation, it is mandatory to wear protective masks.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, price is 2500 dinars.
- For departure from Novi Sad, the supplement is 1000 dinars
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transportation, the price of the tour is 1000 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 1600 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card),
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 3 days before departure.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo. According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Ovcar-Kablar Gorge
- Departure from Novi Sad at 5.30
- Departure from Belgrade at 7h
- Traveling via the highway to Ovčar spa, where we arrive around 9h
- Short break and refreshment before the hiking tour
Hiking to the top of Ovcar Mountain
- Departure on a hiking tour to the top of Ovcar and to the viewing point from where you can see the West Morave meanders.
- the trail goes from the Preobraženje monestery, then goes along the forest road where you reach the Sretenje monastery, It continues to to the top of Ovčar at 985 m
- Total hiking duration is around 4-5h with breaks.
- After hiking tour, lunch and refreshment in a nearby restaurant in Ovcar spa.
- Who does not want to walk, can spend the time by visiting some of the monasteries or using the wellness facilities of the hotel "Kablar" (a thermal water pool, price of ticket is 300 dinars).
- After lunch we return to Belgrade, where we arrive in the evening.