Sarajevo, a city that throughout its history was a crossroads of civilizations, a city where cultures and religions merged and separated. The rich historical and cultural heritage, the casual lifestyle of its inhabitants are a constant lure for lovers of Eastern culture, nostalgics and hedonists.
Mountain Trebević with its 1629 m is one of the four Sarajevo Olympic mountains, where the XIV Winter Olympic Games were held in 1984. Sarajevo's favorite picnic spot is also called the "lungs of Sarajevo". The characteristic vegetation of the Dinarides is present in the area of Trebević. Beech, fir, and spruce forests, honeysuckle, and hornbeam forests prevail.
The Spring of the Bosna river is a natural monument and a famous tourist attraction, but with untouched and pure nature. The source of the river is decorated with beautiful lakes and islands overgrown with greenery, which are connected by wooden bridges.
On this three-day trip, we will go on a tour of the city center of Sarajevo, on a hiking tour at Trebević and finally relax at the Spring of the Bosna river In the evening, we will have free time to relax and enjoy this timeless city.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade|
|DEPARTURE TIME||6.30 h Beograd|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by bus from Belgrade
A total of 2 nights with breakfast in double and triple rooms in a 3* hotel in Sarajevo
Sightseeing in Sarajevo with a tourist guide
Hiking tour on Trebevic
Ticket for riding the Sarajevo cable car
Tour and tickets to the Spring of Bosna river
Group coordinator, tour guide and tour organization
|NOT INCLUDED||Other individual costs
International travel health insurance
- Necessary personal equipment for the Sarajevo-Trebević hiking tour: Hiking shoes or sports shoes with a stronger sole, adequate layered clothing according to the weather conditions. Backpack with necessary hiking equipment, enough water (1.5-2 l), energy bars, fruit, spare shirts, raincoat, sunglasses, hat or cap, ID card or passport.
- For all those who do not want to go on a hiking tour, they can spend time independently in the city or enjoy shorter walks in the surroundings.
- Photos used in the gallery: Cover - Bijela Stijena, Julian Nyča, CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons, Trebević-Bijela Stena, Julian Nyča, CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons, Sarajevo from the cable car, MarinaSimic, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia Commons, Vrelo Bosne, rejflinger from Vienna, Austria, CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons.
Reservations for the Sarajevo-Trebević hiking tour:
- Upon registration, the full amount is paid or ~ 40% or 65 EUR, and the remaining 95 EUR no later than May 16 (payment is made through an account in dinars at the middle exchange rate of the NBS on the day of payment).
Conditions in case of cancellation by travelers:
- If the reservation is canceled within 30 days from the date of arrival of the group, the organizer does not charge a fee. If the reservation is canceled within 30 to 7 days from the date of arrival of the group, the organizer retains a fee of 40%. If the reservation is canceled in less than 7 days from the date of arrival of the group, the organizer retains a fee of 100%. Note: The advance payment upon cancellation is non-refundable, except in case of replacement by another passenger.
- In case of changes in the monetary market, as well as changes in the prices of carriers and other service providers, the agency reserves the right to adjust the price of the arrangement.
- Tura Sarajevo-Trebević hiking se organizuje za minimum 33 prijavljenih putnika.
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of the postponement or cancellation of the tour by the organizer is 2 days before departure.
The tour is organized by “Balkanica travel agency”, Bijelo Polje. Travel agency Explore Balkans doo acts as a sub-agent of the travel organizer.
First day: Belgrade - Sarajevo
- Departure from Belgrade at 6:30 a.m. Journey to Bosnia and Herzegovina via Zvornik and Han Pijesak. With occasional breaks, we arrive in Sarajevo around 1:30 p.m.
- Departure for lunch by 3:30 p.m.
- After lunch follows sightseeing tour tour of the city center with a local tourist guide until 6 p.m. In sightseeing the city, we will visit, among other things, its bridges, Baščaršija, the Bey Mosque, the Town Hall, the Old Orthodox Church, Gazi Nursev.
- Accommodation at the hotel around 6:30 p.m.
- Free time for rest and own programs. Bosnians like to chat, they like to drink coffee, and how precious coffee is to them is evidenced by the names of the types of coffee according to the occasion in which they are drunk. Some of the types are "kafa razgalica" - the first coffee in the morning, "kafa razvoruša" - a slightly later morning coffee that is drunk in company and with conversation, "kafa sikteruša" - served to the guests at the end and is a sign that it is time for the company to split up. For relaxation, we suggest a "coffee chat" and a visit to one of the famous kebab shops in Bašćaršija, and a walk along Miljacka.
Second day: Sarajevo cable car - hiking tour Trebević
- Breakfast. At 8 am departure to Sarajevo cable cars which connects the city with Mount Trebević, the favorite excursion spot of Sarajevo. The Sarajevo cable car runs from Vijećnica (at 550 meters) to the Draguljac viewpoint (at 1,100 meters).
- The Sarajevo cable car (funicular) was originally built back in 1959. It connected Bistrik (583 m) with Vidikovac on Trebević (1160 m). It was destroyed during the wars of the 90s. It was reconstructed in 2017 and put into operation again in 2018. A total of 33 modern baskets make up the new system, which can transport up to 1,200 passengers from the city to Trebević per hour.
- Cable car ride lasting about 10 minutes on a length of 2100 m where you will enjoy a panoramic view of Sarajevo.
- Arrival at the wooded area Trebević mountain whose peak is at 1629 m, and the mountain is connected to the Jahorina mountain towards the east. It is also called the "lungs of Sarajevo". In the area of Trebević, the characteristic vegetation of the Dinarides is present, in which beech, fir and spruce forests, honeysuckle and black hornbeam forests predominate. There are numerous cycling and hiking trails.
- Hiking tour to the top of Sofe at 1629 m. Movement route: Lookout - Bob trail - Ravne - Dobre vode - West ridge - Sofa peak. Return: Sofe - East ridge - Dobre vode - Brus - Lookout
- The path goes through a pine forest, and from the top there is a fantastic view of the Sarajevo basin and the surrounding mountains: Jahorina, Ozren, Romanija, Treskavica, Visočica, Bjelašnica and Vranica.
- Information about a hiking trail: easy, total duration about 5 hours with breaks, total length about 12 km, with a total ascent and descent of about 550 m.
- Start of the trail: 1,160 m, Vidikovac
- Goal: Sofe peak 1,629 m
- Altitude difference: 469 m
- Length of the trail: 12 km
- Water sources: there is a water source halfway up the route and on the way back
- Trail difficulty: easy
- After the hiking tour, going to a well-deserved lunch at a nearby restaurant.
- Return by cable car back to the Town Hall, then to the hotel by bus. Free time. Overnight stay.
Third day: the Spring of the Bosna river - Belgrade
- Breakfast. Leaving the hotel by 9:30 a.m.
- We leave by bus to the nature monument the Spring of the Bosna river. The ride takes about 20 minutes. The Spring of the Bosna river area represents the source of the Bosna River, located next to Ilidža southwest of the city of Sarajevo, under the slopes of the Igman and Bjelasnica mountains. It is a famous tourist attraction. It consists of several small islands connected by bridges over numerous small streams. The area is home to various plant and animal species, some of which are endemic. Mala Bosna, a watercourse into which six springs flow, is the habitat of an autochthonous species of brook trout.
- A tour lasting an hour and a half where you will enjoy untouched and clean nature. The source of the river is decorated with beautiful lakes, where fish swim and swans swim. The islands are covered with greenery and connected by wooden bridges.
- Departure for Belgrade at 12 noon. With occasional breaks, we arrive in Belgrade by 10 p.m.