Zelengora and Maglić are one of the most beautiful mountains in Bosnia and Herzegovina. They are located in the Sutjeska National Park, which is the oldest national park in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Zelengora abounds in mild green glades and glacial lakes, while Maglić is surrounded by rocky peaks of the neighboring Montenegrin mountains. The highest peak of Maglić is the peak of the same name at 2386 m above sea level and represents the highest peak of Bosnia and Herzegovina. At its foot is Trnovačko Lake.
Experience a unique adventure in the endless natural beauties. We will climb Maglić, a hiking tour on Zelengora, a visit to the most beautiful lookouts in the Perućica rainforest, hiking to Lake Trnovačko and much more.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade|
|DEPARTURE TIME||16 h Beograd|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
A total of 3 nights with breakfast in private villas in Tjentište (double, triple and quadruple rooms with private bathrooms)
Hiking tour on Zelengora to lakes Gornje and Donje Bare, Borić viewpoint
Hiking tour with entrance to the Perućica rainforest to the viewpoints to the Skakavac waterfall
Hiking tour to Trnovačko Lake
Ascend to Maglić, the highest peak in BiH
Tickets for the tour of the Heroes' Valley complex in Tjentište
Entrance fees to the Sutjeska National Park
Meals: 3 breakfasts, 2 lunches (lunch packages in nature)
Off-road vehicle transfers on site
Local mountaineering licensed guides
Sightseeing to the itinerary
|NOT INCLUDED||Other individual costs
International travel health insurance
- Necessary personal equipment for the ascent to Maglić and the whole tour: Deep hiking shoes with a Vibram sole, hiking poles, and adequate clothing in accordance with the weather. Backpack with the necessary mountaineering equipment for two-day hiking, enough water (1.5-2 liters per day), energy bars, spare T-shirts, long hiking pants, headlamp, raincoat, cream with UV factor, hat or cap, ID card, and health ID card.
Information on hiking trails:
- Zelengora, Gornje Bare Lake – Donje Bare Lake –viewpoint Borić, easy: the length of the trail is about 8 km, with about 300 m of ascent
- Perućica rainforest - viewpoints, easy
- Prijevor Plateau - Trnovačko Lake - Prijevor, easy: the length of the trail is 6 km x 2, a total of 12 km, with a total ascent and descent of about 400 m. The first part is a descent lasting about 1.5 hours, followed by an ascent to Trnovačko Lake lasting about 1.5 hours.
- Prijevor-ascent to Maglić-Trnovačko Lake-Prijevor, moderate to challenging: From Prijevor to the top of Maglić there is a steep ascent through rocky sections on a length of 2 km and with about 750 m altitude difference. The total length of the entire trail is about 13 km with a total ascent and descent of 1,276 m, lasting about 7 hours. Helmets are required for this trail. It requires mountaineering experience and is not recommended for those who are afraid of heights.
- This hiking tour is not recommended for people with poor physical condition and / or health problems; the guide reserves the right not to take a person with inadequate equipment on foot; prohibited consumption of alcoholic beverages before and during hiking; in case of bad weather and other objective circumstances, hiking can be postponed.
- You can read more about these landscapes in the article Exploration adventure in the Sutjeska National Park and its surroundings
Food and accommodation
- Accommodation: double, triple and quadruple rooms in private villas in Tjentište with private bathrooms.
- Food: A total of 5 meals (3 breakfasts and 2 lunch packages)
- Reservations: Upon registration, the full amount is paid or ~ 40% or 115 EUR, and the remaining 170 EUR no later than July 15 (payment is made through an account in dinars at the middle exchange rate of the NBS on the day of payment).
- Conditions in case of cancellation by travelers: If the reservation is canceled up to 30 days from the day of arrival of the group, the organizer does not charge a fee. If the reservation is canceled within 30 to 7 days from the date of arrival of the group, the organizer retains a fee of 40%. If the reservation is canceled in a period of less than 7 days from the date of arrival of the group, the organizer retains 100% compensation. Note: The advance payment upon cancellation is non-refundable, except in case of replacement by another passenger.
- The tour is organized for at least 18 registered passengers.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 220 EUR and includes the use of your transport on local roads. Reservations: Upon registration, the full amount is paid or ~ 40% or 90 EUR, and the remaining 130 EUR no later than July 15 (payment is made through the account in dinars at the middle exchange rate of the NBS on the day of payment).
- In case of changes in the monetary market, as well as changes in the prices of carriers and other service providers, the agency reserves the right to adjust the price of the arrangement.
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 3 days before departure.
The tour is organized by “Active Holidays Bosnia” , Foča. Travel agency Explore Balkans doo acts as a sub-agent of the travel organizer.
Beograd - Tjentište
- Departure from Belgrade at 4 PM
- Travel to Bosnia and Herzegovina via Mokra Gora and Visegrad. Arrival in Tjentište in the evening, around midnight. Accommodation in rooms in private villas in Tjentište. Overnight.
Zelengora-Gornje and Donje Bare-Borić viewpoint
- Breakfast in the restaurant near the accommodation (fried eggs, donuts, beef and pork prosciutto, pork roast, kulen, sudzuk, cream, homemade bread, jam and honey, butter, milk or tea). After breakfast until 9 am introduction to the local mountain guide. Departure by off-road vehicles on the territory of the Sutjeska National Park, more precisely until Zelengora mountain, which got its name from its green pastures.
- On the way to a pair of glacial lakes (mountain eyes), Gornje and Donje Bare Lakes, we will pass through the canyon of the river Hrčavka, where the most demanding adrenaline activity on the territory of NP Sutjeska, canyoning, is realized. We will also visit the memorial from World War II dedicated to the national hero Sava Kovacevic.
- At the fork in the road, the hiking trail begins and we go uphill towards Gornje Bare Lake hidden at the foot of Ugljesa's peak. From the lake itself there are incredible views of the green meadows of Zelengora, as well as the peaks of Planinica and the ridge of Tovarnica. In the same way we return to the fork and in the other direction we reach the lake Donje Bare. The lake itself is surrounded by green glades and forests, and the beauty and magic of this place was recognized by Tito who had his mountain house in this locality. After visiting the lake, we take an easy half-hour hike to the viewpoint Borić. The name of the locality itself is due to crooked pine, and from the lookout point there is an unforgettable view of the largest peaks of Bosnia and Herzegovina - Maglić and Volujak, as well as the largest gem of Bosnia and Herzegovina the Perućica rainforest. The scenery and sounds of this place are ideal for lunch in nature.
- Around 6 pm, it is planned to return to Tjentište for accommodation. In the restaurant of national cuisine, an a-la carte dinner is planned around 8 p.m.
- Information about a hiking trail: easy, total duration about 5 h with breaks, total length about 10 km, ascent about 300 m.
Tjentište-rainforest Perućica-Dragoš Sedlo-Prijevor-Trnovačko Lake-ascent to Maglić-Prijevor-Tjentište
- Getting up early by 7am and breakfast.
- At 8 am transfer to the Prijevor plateau, lasting about 1 hour. We are going to the Perućica rainforest, where we will visit viewpoints Beškita and Dragoš Sedlo, which is one of the entrances to the oldest rainforest reserve in Bosnia and Herzegovina. From the parking lot on Dragoš Sedlo we will walk along the path to the lookout point, and at some distance we will see Skakavac waterfall, which collapses at 70 m and provides a hook that extends in all directions.
- After taking photos and sightseeing from the lookout, we continue with off-road vehicles to the plateau Prijevor, just below the highest peak in Bosnia and Herzegovina, the mountain and the peak Maglić (2386 m).
- The division into two groups: one group goes on a hiking tour to Trnovačko Lake, where they will spend the day, and the other group goes on a climb to Maglić.
- Trnovačko Lake hiking: We descend towards a wide and steep path the valley of Suva Jezerina. Along the upper edge of the valley, through the forest, we come to a plateau with a heart-shaped lake. Trnovačko Lake is located at the foot of Maglić mountain, and with its 22 ° C it is ideal for swimming. The weather by the lake is provided for free activities, relaxation and enjoyment. While we are waiting for the part of the group that will climb to the highest peak of Bosnia and Herzegovina, the mountain Maglić (2386 m above sea level), we can climb to the lookout point from which the heart-shaped shape of Lake Trnovac is best seen ❤️. The lookout point is about an hour's walk from the lake. Information about a hiking trail: easy, a total of about 12 km, with about 400 m ascent / descent.
- Ascend to Maglić: From Prijevor, a steep climb begins through the rocky sections to the top. The trail requires caution when moving and is recommended only to those who have more serious mountaineering experience. It is 2 km to the top with about 750 m of ascent. Arrival to Maglić, the highest peak of Bosnia and Herzegovina at 2386 m. From the top, the imposing peaks of Bregoč, Trnovački Durmitor, Volujak dominate, and in case of clear weather, the distant peaks of Durmitor are also visible. Pause at the top for a packed lunch. After the break, there is a descent down the ridge until you reach the ridge. After reaching the ridge, we walk on grassy and flower-covered pastures, and the trail leads us past the Montenegrin Maglić, which is two meters higher than the Bosnian one. It will take us about 3 hours to reach Trnovačko Lake.
- A break on Lake Trnovac, where we will meet the first part of the group.
- Then we return to the Prijevor plateau to the off-road vehicle, with which we will head to the accommodation in Tjentište, where we will spend the night.
- Data on the hiking trail, ascent to Maglić: moderate to demanding, tour with a total length of about 12 km, with about 750 m altitude difference and a total ascent and descent of about 1200 m descent.
Tjentiste-Valley of Heroes-Belgrade
- The breakfast. Leaving the accommodation at 9am.
- Sightseeing tour of famous Valley of Heroes for about 2 hours - Monument to the Battle of Sutjeska, Museum and Memorial House in the Tjentište Memorial Complex. Nearly 80 years ago, this was one of the bloodiest scenes in World War II. The entrance to the Memorial House of the Battle of Sutjeska arouses especially deep emotions. Sutjeska National Park is the oldest national park in Bosnia and Herzegovina since 1962.
- After the tour, a break in Tjentište for 2 hours. Free time can also be used for swimming in Europe’s largest outdoor Olympic swimming pool, which is located in a natural environment and is filled and purified directly with water from the cold Sutjeska River.
- Departure for Belgrade is planned until 3 pm, so that we can arrive around 10 pm, noting that the exact time of return depends on the conditions on the roads and incidental