Moderate to challenging
Suva planina (Dry Mountain) is located in southern Serbia and is part of the Carpathian-Balkan mountain system. Its massif with exceptional phenomena and forms of karst relief is rich in sediments of different ages. The central part of the mountain looks like a plateau and is composed of sinkholes and bays that are covered with grass.
It is one of the highest rugged mountains in Serbia with the top of Trem 1810 m. Appart from the peak of Trem, the peaks of Sokolov kamen, Mosor, Pasarelo and Divna Gorica also stand out for their beauty. Suva planina is one of the most beautiful and most attractive mountains for hiking and trekking. It is only 17 km away from Nis, mountaineers visit it all year round and enjoy the most beautiful views of the whole of Serbia from its peaks.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, near Lokomotiva
Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||4.40h (Novi Sad)
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
A guide and the tour organization
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the Suva planina tour: Deep hiking shoes with a vibram sole, sticks, backpack, layered clothes, adapted to the weather conditions, bring enough water and food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 16 km
- Total ascend/descend: oko 1000 m
- Category: Moderate to challenging
- Duration: around 7h-8h with breaks
- This hiking tour is not recommended for people with poor physical condition and / or health problems; the guide reserves the right not to take a person with inadequate equipment for hiking; prohibited consumption of alcoholic beverages before and during hiking; in case of bad weather and other objective circumstances, hiking tou can be postponed.
- For the realization of the tour, a minimum of 19 registered passengers is required.
- In organized transportation, it is mandatory to wear protective masks.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 3400 dinars.
- Transportation from Novi Sad: surcharge is 1000 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 1500 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 2100 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 3 days before departure.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Niška Banja - Suva planina
- Departure from Novi Sad at 4.40 am
- Departure from Belgrade at 6h
- Travel by highway to Nis and Niska Banja to Bojana's waters on Suva Planina. We will make one break during the drive.
- Arrival at Suva planina around 9:30 am
Mountaineering tour on Suva Planina, ascent to the highest peak Trem
- Preparation for the hiking tour until 10 am.
- We start hiking on Bojana's waters at 864 m. From Bojana's waters to the top of Trem 1810 m above sea level. we cross 16 km with an altitude difference of 1000 m.
- At the top of the Trem we take a longer break to rest.
- The descent to Bojana's waters follows, where we end our hike.
- Information about a hiking trail: length of 16 km, duration about 7-8h with breaks. There are 2 water sources on the trail - one is on Bojana's waters and the other is 2 km from the starting point of the hike.
- The technical difficulty of the trail 3/10; Fitness weight 5/10;
- Return to Belgrade where we arrive around 11 pm.