What we do?
Explore Serbia is the organization that works on adventure tourism development and rural tourism promotion of Serbia and the Balkans.
Through our work, we indicate the importance of staying in nature as well the sustainable development of tourism. We were founded in June 2009 as a non-profit association.
We create and organize tours for our members. Tours are a combination of different activities (hiking, rafting, biking, kayaking, climbing...) with accommodation mostly in rural households and a traditional food.
They also include visits to the cultural monuments, familiarization with locals and tradition.
In the description of our tours, there is always a note regarding the category and effort that is being overcome. In most cases, tours are recreational with activities that anyone can perform.
The goal of these tours is getting to know Serbia and the Balkans as well to indicate the importance of cooperation between regional and local communities.
Partnership with the travel agency
In order to develop adventure tourism that is in accordance with the Statute of the Association and in accordance with the Law on Tourism, we have made a partnership with the tourist agency Koral turs d.o.o. from Ruma. The agency has been operating successfully for 20 years and has a license for organizing tourist trips in the country and abroad (license number OTP 11/2013). With this partnership, we have combined our good knowledge of destinations in Serbia, which are suitable for the development of adventure tourism and professionalism of the agency in the organization of reliable transportation and accommodation.
What are your benefits from our partnership?
- Possibility to pay some tours on installments
- Secure and safe transportation
- Apart from Belgrade, organization of transportation from Novi Sad and Ruma
- Possibility to choose more quality accommodation
- Organization of corporate events with your colleagues and teambuilding
- Tours accompanied by licensed tourist guides
- Development and promototion of specific forms of tourism – mostly adventure and rural tourism in Serbia and the Balkans
- Development of receptive tourism in Serbia and stipulating the significance of the sustainable development of tourism
- Improvement of youth politics, more quality in young people leisure time, sports and recreation promotion
- Increasing of citizens’ ecological awareness, fight against climate change and pointing to the significance and preservation of natural and cultural resources.
- Developed tourist offer of different types of adventure tourism in Serbia
- Recognition of Serbia on the international tourist market in this area
- Revitalization of countryside areas and the renewal of village households that would accommodate tourists
- Lowering of depopulation in countryside areas, which is the consequence of low childbirth, departure from village households due to migration of young population.
The association Explore Serbia was founded on 29th June 2009. It is registered in The Serbian Business Registers Agency on 19th January 2010 as a nongovernmental association.
Name of the association in Serbian: Udruženje "Istraži Srbiju"
Headquarters and address: Skopljanska 40/1, 11080 Belgrade – Zemun, Republic of Serbia
Identification number: 28004168
Tax number: 106439728
Bank account: 220-113195-07, Procredit Bank
References - participation on conferences/fair trades/projects
Participating in the manifestation The Balkans days in Munich, we presented the offer of adventure tourism in the Balkans, through tours and promotional material.
With the main idea and the theme "Unknown corner of Europe: Discover the Balkans!", the goal was to show one side of the Balkans, which has been completely hidden by most people in Germany so far. We presented Serbia and the Balkans as a place with a unique landscape, ancient history, and unexplored culture.
- We participated in the event, which represents an important step for the development of the adventure travel of the Balkans
- The event was organized by an American organization the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) attended by more than 300 delegates - foreign tour operators, Balkan tour operators, media representatives, regional governmental and non-governmental organizations.
2) Third adventure travel conference in Nis 17th April 2016.
- Presentation of the topic The behavior of adventure tourists when choosing a tour
3) Tourism fair in Belgrade, February 2015.
- Participation at the YUTA panel discussion "New trends and initiatives for improving receptive tourism"
We are certified by ATTA – the Adventure Travel Trade Association, passing a several-day training "Building the adventure tourism in the Western Balkans", where we have enhanced existing knowledge and acquired new skills.
2) National Park Tara, February 2015.
Development of inclusive monitoring of protected areas of Western Serbia
We successfully implemented a project for young talents through educational and field workshops where we promoted natural resources of the city of Belgrade (Ada Huja, Ada Medjica, Great War Island).
The main goal was to improve the quality of youths' leisure time, through the promotion of stay in nature and activities in urban natural resources. We indicated their importance and ecological protection. Students actively participated in the ecological action, got acquainted with the flora and fauna of localities, as well as accessible recreational facilities.
Improving the quality of leisure time of the elderly population in the territory of Zemun municipality March 15 - May 15, 2016:
We successfully implemented a project aimed at promoting hiking as a recreational activity in order to improve the psycho-physical condition of the participants. Through workshops and organization of three excursions for 300 participants, we pointed out the importance of physical activity and recreation and their positive impact on the health and recovery of the organism. In addition to being in nature, excursions included visits to cultural and historical monuments.