What we do?
Explore Serbia is a tour operator specialized for adventure and rural tourism in Serbia and the Balkans. On our tours, you can experience the challenge, adventure and authenticity, complemented with tradition and delicious food.
We create and organize tours that is a combination of different activities (hiking, rafting, biking, kayaking, climbing...) with accommodation mostly in rural households and traditional food.
They also include visits to the cultural monuments, familiarization with locals and tradition.
In the description of our tours, there is always a note regarding the category and effort that is being overcome. In most cases, tours are recreational with activities that anyone can perform.
We originally started our work in 2009 as a non-profit association Explore Serbia. Through the association, we work on the development and promotion of adventure and rural tourism in Serbia and the Balkans. We also point out the importance of staying in the nature and sustainable development of tourism.
From March 2020, we operate under the tour operator Explore Balkans doo.
Our services and main destinations:
- Day hiking tours from Belgrade - Fruška Gora, the Iron Gates, Ovcar-Kablar Gorge, Rtanj, Deliblato Sands, Divcibare, Homolje
- Weekend hiking tours – the Tara national park, Stara planina, Suva planina, Golija, Pester Plateau and Uvac
- Classic tourist excursions from Belgrade - Danube fortresses, Novi Sad, Oplenac
- Kayaking tours – Drina, Uvac canyon, Ibar, Danube
- Rafting tours – Lim, Ibar
- Via ferrata – Kablar, Berim, Rugova Gorge
- Canyoning tours - Tribuca, Beli Rzav, Raca
- Hiking, mountaineering and cycling tours in the Balkans
- Classic tourist sightseeing of Belgrade
- The city discovery game Belgrade - a crossroad of civilizations
Explore Balkans doo tour operator
Headquarter and address: Dr.Nedeljka Ercegovca 54/5, 11080 Belgrade – Zemun, Republic of Serbia
VAT number: 111918615
Registration number: 21569992
Bank account: 265-6180310001048-23 Raiffeisen Bank
- Development and promotion of specific forms of tourism of special interest - primarily adventure tourism of Serbia and the Balkansas well as the promotion of rural tourism
- Development of receptive tourism in Serbia and stipulating the significance of the sustainable development of tourism
- Improvement of youth politics, more quality in young people leisure time, sports and recreation promotion
- Increasing of citizens’ ecological awareness, fight against climate change and pointing to the significance and preservation of natural and cultural resources.
- Developed tourist offer of different types of adventure tourism in Serbia
- Recognition of Serbia on the international tourist market in this area
- Revitalization of countryside areas and the renewal of village households that would accommodate tourists
- Lowering of depopulation in countryside areas, which is the consequence of low childbirth, departure from village households due to migration of young population.
The association Explore Serbia was founded on 29th June 2009. It is registered in The Serbian Business Registers Agency on 19th January 2010 as a nongovernmental association.
Name of the association in Serbian: Udruženje "Istraži Srbiju"
Headquarter and address: Skopljanska 40/1, 11080 Belgrade – Zemun, Republic of Serbia
Registration number: 28004168
VAT number: 106439728
Bank account: 220-113195-07, Procredit Bank
References - participation on conferences/fair trades/projects
Participating in the manifestation The Balkans days in Munich, Explore Serbia – Istraži Srbiju je predstavila smo ponudu avanturističkog turizma Balkana, kroz ture i promotivni materijal.
With the main idea and the theme "Unknown corner of Europe: Discover the Balkans!", the goal was to show one side of the Balkans, which has been completely hidden by most people in Germany so far. We presented Serbia and the Balkans as a place with a unique landscape, ancient history, and unexplored culture.
- We participated in the event, which represents an important step for the development of the adventure travel of the Balkans
- The event was organized by an American organization the Adventure Travel Trade Association (ATTA) attended by more than 300 delegates - foreign tour operators, Balkan tour operators, media representatives, regional governmental and non-governmental organizations.
2) Third adventure travel conference in Nis 17th April 2016.
- Presentation of the topic The behavior of adventure tourists when choosing a tour
3) Tourism fair in Belgrade, February 2015.
- Istraži Srbiju – Explore Serbia je učestvovala na YUTA tribini „Novi trendovi i inicijative za unapređenje receptivnog turizma“
We are certified by ATTA – the Adventure Travel Trade Association, passing a several-day training "Building the adventure tourism in the Western Balkans", where we have enhanced existing knowledge and acquired new skills.
2) National Park Tara, February 2015.
Development of inclusive monitoring of protected areas of Western Serbia
We successfully implemented a project for young talents through educational and field workshops where we promoted natural resources of the city of Belgrade (Ada Huja, Ada Medjica, Great War Island).
The main goal was to improve the quality of youths' leisure time, through the promotion of stay in nature and activities in urban natural resources. We indicated their importance and ecological protection. Students actively participated in the ecological action, got acquainted with the flora and fauna of localities, as well as accessible recreational facilities.
Improving the quality of leisure time of the elderly population in the territory of Zemun municipality March 15 - May 15, 2016:
We successfully implemented a project aimed at promoting hiking as a recreational activity in order to improve the psycho-physical condition of the participants. Through workshops and organization of three excursions for 300 participants, we pointed out the importance of physical activity and recreation and their positive impact on the health and recovery of the organism. In addition to being in nature, excursions included visits to cultural and historical monuments.