The Miroč mountain includes several peaks. Mountain peak Strbac, as the highest peak of Miroc that rises above the narrowest part of the Danube in Europe. Veliki and Mali Strbac are nature reserves and the most attractive parts of the Djerdap National Park, with diverse and relict vegetation. A one-day hiking tour from the Ploče viewpoint to the top of Veliki Štrbac at 767 m with magnificent views of the mighty Danube.
After the hiking tour, we can organize a cruise through the most attractive part of the Djerdap gorge, where you will enjoy a fantastic sunset.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade|
|DEPARTURE TIME||6.00 h (Beograd)|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation from Belgrade
Hiking tour through Djerdap National Park to the peak Veliki Strbac
Entrance ticket for the national park Djerdap
Djerdap cruise through Mali and Veliki Kazan (1500 dinars)
Other individual costs
- Equipment for Miroč hiking tour: Deep hiking shoes with Vibram soles or deep comfortable sports shoes with stronger soles, adequate clothing according to the weather conditions. A backpack with the necessary mountaineering equipment for a one-day action. We also recommend hiking poles, and sun protection (glasses, cream with UV factor, porridge, hat). Be sure to bring enough water (1.5 l) and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 16 km
- Total ascend/descend: around 800 m
- Category: moderate
- Duration: around 6h-7h with breaks
- If someone wants an easier tour, there is a possibility to shorten the trail, where you would hike a total of 10 km and wait for the rest of the group at the starting point.
- Djerdap Gorge Cruise: after the hiking tour, in agreement with the group, a cruise through the Đerdap gorge can be organized through the most attractive part of the Djerdap gorge, where we pass through Veliki and Mali Kazan, next to the Mrakonija monastery, Hajduk mill, Decebal Rex sculpture, and Trajan's Plaque. The surcharge for the cruise is paid on the spot and costs 1500 dinars (for a minimum of 10 applicants).
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 4700 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 2500 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 3500 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- The tour is organized for at least 19 registered passengers.
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
The Miroč mountain
It is one of the richest mountains in Serbia by number of caves, coves and hollows, as well as other speleological formations. There are more than sixty speleological locations on this mountain, some of which have already been researched, such as Lazareva Cave, while others, due to the inaccessibility and interior and other numerous obstacles, can be accessed only with full speleological equipment, therefore they have not yet been fully explored.
Since ancient times, Miroc has had a very important strategic role due to its geographical position and configuration of the terrain. The main road Via Danubius extended over the mountain. For that reason, it contained a number of buildings whose purpose was the protection of this Roman road. Many legends and tales describe folk heroes as the masters of this mountain.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo. According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade – Donji Milanovac
- Departure from Belgrade from the parking lot of Novi Beograd municipality at 6 am
- Journey to Donji Milanovac
- Coffee break in Donji Milanovac
National park Djerdap: hiking tour at the Miroč mountain
- Continuation of the trip to the Djerdap National Park and the starting point of the hiking tour.
- Preparing for a hiking tour.
- The hiking tour is moderate demanding, with duration of 6 h. We will go to the viewpoint Ploce, limestone plateau under Veliki Štrbac. On Ploče there are three lookouts at an altitude of 355 m where it stretches a unique view of the Danube and the whirlpools of the most beautiful gorge Kazan.
- The hike then continues to the peak of Veliki Strbac. at 767 m.
- The trail abounds in beautiful views towards the Danube and the Romanian side of Djerdap. It is possible to see the sculpture of last Dacian king - Decebalus Rex, carved into the rock, then the monastery of Mrakonija.
Cruising through the Djerdap Gorge
- After the hiking tour, it is possible to organize cruising through the most attractive part of the Djerdap gorge for about 90 minutes, where you will enjoy a fantastic sunset. We pass through Veliki and Mali Kazan, next to the monasteries of Mrakonija, the Hajduk mill, the sculpture Decebal Rex, and Trajan's Plaque. If you do not want to go on a cruise, you can spend time on the banks of the Danube, in a natural environment, where there are benches with seating.
- If there is time and in agreement with the group, dinner can be organized in a nearby restaurant after the cruise.
- The planned return to Belgrade is around 23:00.