Šid is located on the slopes of Fruška Gora and is the center of the westernmost municipality of Srem. At the beginning of the 18th century, it was one of the largest settlements between Vinkovci, Vukovar and Sremska Mitrovica. The area where the settlement was built is known as a fruit and wine-growing region with large wine cellars.
For art lovers, Šid is known for the gallery of the painter Sava Šumanović, which was founded in 1952 on the idea of the painter's mother. The opus of the great painter includes about 800 oil paintings and 600 drawings, watercolors, pastels.
On this tour, we expect a tour of the westernmost town of Srem, a hike at the Lipovača picnic area to the Privina glava manasir and the path between the Fruška Gora lakes, Sot and Bruje. After the hike, relax in the winery in Erdevik.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation from Belgrade
Ticket to enter the National Park Fruska Gora
Guide, sightseeing according to the program and organization of the tour
|NOT INCLUDED||Entrance ticket to the gallery of Sava Šumanović - 200 dinars (optional)
Visit to the winery and lunch
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the Šid and Fruška Gora lakes tour: Deep hiking shoes with a Vibram sole, hiking poles, backpack, layered clothes, adapted to the weather conditions, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 10 km
- Total ascend/descend: 250 m
- Category: easy
- Duration: about 4 hours with breaks
- A minimum of 19 registrants is required for the Šid and Fruška Gora Lakes tour.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 3700 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come with your own transport, the price of the tour is 1700 dinars for "Explore Serbia" members.
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
Sava Šumanović is one of the most important painters of the 20th century. His name is on the list of 100 most famous Serbs. He was educated in Paris, and had his first exhibition in Zagreb in 1918. The most important works are: Drunken Boat, Ilok road under snow, Šid vineyards, Autumn landscape, Street in Šid, Kupačice, Slovakian region, Brick factory, Concert in the field, etc.
Sot Lake is located about 10 km from Šid. It was created by damming the Šidina stream and stretches in the west-east direction. It is surrounded by meadows and oak forests and is one of the most beautiful lakes of Fruška Gora.
Bruje Lake or Erdevik Lake is located northwest of Erdevik. It was created by damming the Banja stream in the eighties of the 20th century for the purposes of supplying water to the nearby winery.
Moharač Lake is located on the slopes of Fruška Gora, at 123 m above sea level. Together with Lake Bruje, it is a true jewel of Fruška Gora and Srem. It was created by damming the Moharač stream, has a recreational role and is a favorite place for all fish lovers.
Privina Glava Monastery is the westernmost of all Fruška Gora monasteries. The monastery church is dedicated to the Holy Archangels Michael and Gabriel. Patriarch Paisija lived here in the 17th century and tried to unite the Serbian people wherever he was. He wrote the lives of Saint Simeon and Emperor Uros. He is one of the founders of the cult of Stefan Nemanja. The monks of the Privina Glava monastery also founded the Kovilj monastery.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Šid
- Departure from Belgrade at 7:00 a.m. from the parking lot of the municipality of New Belgrade.
- Arrival in Šid by 8.30 am.
Šid and Fruška Gora lakes Sot and Bruje
- Tour of Šid, the westernmost town of Srem, and tour at the gallery of Sava Šumanović.
- From Šid, we go by organized transport to Fruška Gora picnic area Lipovača which is about 6 km from Šid.
- This is followed by 3,5 km long forest circular trail hike to the Privina Glava Monastery.
- After that, we will transfer to Sot Lake , from where we continue hiking to Bruje Lake.
- We are waiting for you to enjoy the autumn scenes and the ambiance of the Fruška Gora lakes, which are the real jewels of Srem. The total length of the trail is about 10 km, it belongs to the easy category, it is suitable for all ages.
Visit to the winery in Erdevik
- We end the tour by relaxing in the winery in Erdevik where it is possible to organize lunch.
- Return to Belgrade by 9 PM.