Moderate to challenging
Stolovi is a mountain located southwest of Kraljevo, between the Ibar, Ribnica and Brezanska rivers. The tributaries of these rivers, with their deep valleys, divided the mountain into long ridges and slopes and gave it a completely star-shaped shape. The mountain is dominated by vast meadows where several herds of wild horses have lived for years, which are taken care of by the locals from the surrounding villages. This mountain is protected by law and enjoys the status of a landscape of exceptional features. Every year in May, thousands of nature lovers visit this mountain, on foot or by bicycle, to enjoy the fragrant meadows full of wild daffodils.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade|
|DEPARTURE TIME||5.30 h|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation from Belgrade
Hiking tour with a licensed mountain guide
Tour organization and group coordinator
Other individual costs
- Equipment: Deep hiking boots with a Vibram sole or sports shoes with a stronger sole, adequate clothing in accordance with the weather conditions. Backpack with the necessary mountaineering equipment for a one-day action, trekking poles. Be sure to bring enough water (2 l), one meal, energy bars, fruit, a waste bag, horse food (apples, carrots…), a spare T-shirt, long pants or tracksuit, raincoat, sunscreen, a hat, an ID card, and a health card.
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 21 km
- Total ascend/descend: oko 1200 m
- The highest peak: 1375 m
- Category: Moderate to challenging
- Duration: around 7h-8h with breaks
- This hiking tour is not recommended for people with poor physical condition and / or health problems; the guide reserves the right not to take a person with inadequate equipment for hiking; prohibited consumption of alcoholic beverages before and during hiking; in case of bad weather and other objective circumstances, hiking tou can be postponed.
- Tura se organizuje za minimum 25 prijavljenih putnika.
- In case of changes in the monetary market, as well as changes in the prices of carriers and other service providers, the agency reserves the right to adjust the price of the tour.
- It is recommended to wear protective masks in organized transport.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 3500 dinars.
- Transportation from Novi Sad: surcharge is 1000 dinars.
- Own transportation: u slučaju da dolazite sopstvenim prevozom, cena ture iznosi 2000 dinara (uz članske karte Explore Serbia) ili 2600 dinara (za one koji nemaju člansku kartu).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo. According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade – Kraljevo – Stolovi
- Polazak iz Beograda sa parkirališta opštine Novi Beograd u 5.30h
- Journey to Kraljevo and Stolovi. On the way coffee / breakfast break of 30 minutes.
- Dolazak u selo Kamenica na Stolovima do 9.30 h.
Stolovi mountaineering tour
- Short preparation for the hiking tour.
- The hiking tour starts from the village of Kamenica, located on the east side of Stolovo. The road to the top is about 10 km long. Most of the hiking trail is followed by a well-trodden macadam road of gentle ascent without much shade and springs.
- When climbing the ridge, you will see the landscapes of Goč, Željin, Kopaonik, and the view of the Lilac Valley and the city of Kraljevo is very fascinating. In the higher parts of the mountain, vast meadows dominate, where several herds of wild horses have been living for years, which are taken care of by the locals from the surrounding villages.
- We'll take a break from one of the rest areas, lunch break from the backpack at the top of the mountain at 1375 m where you will hear theories about the origin of the name of this mountain and other interesting things.
- The return to the foot of the mountain is planned towards the southern slopes in the direction of Goč. We finish the hike at the mountain lodge "Zorica Gizdović" in the village of Brezna.
- End of the hike around 7 p.m. If there is time, after the tour we will go to dinner in one of the restaurants of national cuisine or in one of the distilleries.
- Information about a hiking trail: moderate-challenging, length 21 km, time 7h-8h, ascent / descent 1200 m, highest point 1375 m.
- The planned return to Belgrade is till 10 pm.