Fruška Gora was an island in the former Pannonian Sea. Today, this 539-meter high mountain is the dominant landmass of the entire Pannonian plain. Its ridge is 75 kilometers long, and its entire surface is overgrown with oak, hornbeam, linden, and beech forests.
On this hiking tour of Fruška gora in the fall, we will follow a circular path from the crossroads to Crveni Čot, then to the former Osovlje resort. Crossing Goat Hill and passing two waterfalls, we reach the attractive Orlovac or Eagle's Rocks. Sharp and pointed rocks over 200 million years old bear witness to Fruška Gora's rich geological past.
The hiking trail is one of the most beautiful in Fruška Gora. The autumn colors of the beech and oak forests, as well as the beautiful views of Srem from Eagle's Rocks, contribute to its beauty.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation from Belgrade
Hiking tour at Fruška Gora
Ticket to enter the National Park Fruska Gora
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the tour Fruška Gora in autumn: Deep hiking boots, backpack, and layered clothing adapted to weather conditions, we recommend poles, bring enough water, and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 12 km
- Total ascend/descend: 520/520 m
- Category: easy-moderate, hiking on forest trails
- Duration: about 5 hours with breaks
- For the realization of the tour, a minimum of 18 registered passengers is required.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 4100 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 2100 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 3100 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- Accident insurance: in order for this type of insurance to be active, you need to send us your personal number (JMBG) when registering.
- In case of unfavorable weather conditions or an insufficient number of registered passengers, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour by the organizer is 2 days before departure.
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Fruška Gora
- Departure from Belgrade at 7.30h
- A journey towards Fruška Gora. After an hour and a half of driving, we reach the starting point at the crossroads to the highest peak Crveni Čot (529 m), from where our hiking tour starts.
Hiking tour at Fruška Gora
- Departure for the hike around 9:15 a.m. from the intersection towards Crveni Čot to Osovlje, picnic area and former resort.
- The trail then leads to the waterfall on Dobri Potok, over Kozije brdo to Žiljski waterfall.
- We continue hiking to unusual and attractive places Eagle's Rocks or Orlovac. Sharp and pointed rocks over 200 million years old bear witness to Fruška Gora's rich geological past. From this place there is a nice view of the surroundings and we will take a longer break to enjoy it.
- The circular hiking path ends at the same intersection where we started.
- This hiking trail is one of the most beautiful in Fruška Gora. The autumn colors of the beech and oak forests, as well as the beautiful views of Srem from Eagle's Rocks, contribute to its beauty.
- The hiking tour is of moderate-easy difficulty, with a total duration of about 5 hours with breaks. It is 12 km long, with about 520 m of alternating ascent and descent.
Lunch at a nearby restaurant
- After a hiking tour, a late afternoon lunch can be arranged at a nearby restaurant.
- Return to Belgrade where we arrive around 8 pm.