Mount Vujan is located in Šumadija not far from Gornji Milanovac. The highest peak of the mountain is Veliki Vujan at 856 m above sea level. The mountain is almost completely covered with deciduous forest, in its central part beech and oak forests predominate.
The hill gorge cut by the river Despotovica intersects the slopes of the mountain. Vujan got its name from the old Serbian word ujiti, bujiti or hujiti, because the sound of the wind blowing down the mountain through dense forests is constantly heard on it. At the foot of the mountain is the Vujan Monastery.
On this tour, we will follow a beautiful ridge path for Koviljača peak, which is the most beautiful viewpoint on Vujan, and then to the highest peak Veliki Vujan at 856 m. The mountain is beautiful in winter when it is covered with snow and the silence is broken only by the babbling of the numerous streams that Vujan is rich in.
|The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
|Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour on the Vujan Mountain
A guide and the tour organization
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the Vujan mountain tour: Deep hiking boots with a vibrating sole or deep shoes/boots for snow, backpack, layered wardrobe, warm for winter conditions (winter jacket, hat, leggings, gloves), we recommend trekking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 15 km
- Total ascend/descend: 600 m
- Category: easy-moderate
- Duration: around 6 h
- A minimum of 18 applicants is required for the realization of the Vujan mountain tour.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 4300 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come with your transport, the price of the tour is 2,300 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 3,300 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card). The starting point and end point of the hike are not the same, so you need to use a taxi and return to the starting point of the hike to your vehicle.
- Accident insurance: in order for this type of insurance to be active, you need to send us your personal number (JMBG) when registering.
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
- Photos used in the gallery: Brusnica kod Gornjeg Milanovca, pogled na planinu Vujan, i Manastir Vujan, Prislonica kod Čačka, autor BrankaVV, CC BY-SA 4.0 via Wikimedia Commons.
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The Vujan Monastery was built on the ruins of the Obrovin Monastery, which was founded by Greek monks in the 14th century in the village of Prislonica. The monastery church is dedicated to the Council of the Holy Archangel Gabriel, but the exact time of the construction of the monastery is not known. Serbian Patriarch Pavle stayed in the monastery for a while, where a wooden cross is kept, which he carved with his own hands. Today, the Vujan Monastery is under state protection as a monument of exceptional cultural value.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Mlakovac
- Departure from Belgrade at 6:30 a.m. from the parking lot of the municipality of New Belgrade. Traveling by highway via Gornji Milanovac to the village of Mlakovac. A coffee break on the way.
- Arrival at the starting point of the hike around 9 am.
Hiking tour on the Vujan Mountain
- Start of the hiking tour from the village of Mlakovac. The initial part is a crossing over the river Despotovica, then it goes along a forest path and a rocky ridge to the ridge and the top of Koviljača, which is the most beautiful viewpoint of Vujna. We continue along the ridge pass to Banjska Vrata and reach the top of Veliki Vujan at 856 m. A short break at the top for a break.
- The descent follows the "Patriarch Pavle" path to the Vujan monastery from the 14th century, which is a monument of exceptional cultural value where Serbian Patriarch Pavle once lived.
- The hiking trail belongs to the medium-easy category (except in winter conditions if there is snow and mud), it is about 15 km long, with about 600 m of total ascent and descent. It takes about 6 hours with breaks.
- After the hiking tour, going for a late lunch to a restaurant near Gornji Milanovac.
- Return to Belgrade by 8.30 PM.