Rajac is a mountainous landscape and part of the mountain Suvobor, which belongs to the Valjevo mountains. The peak Rajac is located at 848 m above sea level. The area of Rajac belongs to the territory of the municipality of Ljig. This mountainous landscape is one of the most accessible and beautiful near Belgrade, with beautiful views.
The landscape got its name because the old travel writers called it "paradise on earth".
Winter hiking tour on Rajac, where we will take a circular path to the top of Rajac and enjoy the winter idyll. You will get to know the beauty of the landscape with exceptional features. The winter magic will be completed by the passage through the coniferous forest to the highest peak of Suvobor.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade|
|DEPARTURE TIME||7.00h Belgrade|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour on Rajac
A guide and the tour organization
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the tour Rajac-winter hiking: Deep hiking boots with a vibrating sole or deep shoes/boots for snow, backpack, layered wardrobe, warm for winter conditions (winter jacket, hat, leggings, gloves), we recommend trekking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 18 km
- Total ascend/descend: 500 m
- Category: easy-moderate
- Duration: around 6 hours
- A minimum of 18 registrants is required for the realization of the Rajac-winter hiking tour.
- Due to winter conditions, possible deep snow and mud, the trail is not recommended for children under 10 years old.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 3800 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 1900 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 2900 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of the postponement or cancellation of the tour by the organizer is 2 days before departure.
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Rajac
- Departure from the parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade at 7.00 AM. Travel through Ljig to Rajac.
- Short break and preparation for hiking. Departure for the hiking tour at 9.15 am.
Hiking tour on Rajac
- The hiking tour starts from the mountain lodge on Rajac and goes over meadows, hills and forest roads.
- If the weather conditions are good, you will enjoy the phenomenal views of the surrounding areas of Suvobor.
- We will follow the path to the Dobra vode mountain house, then to the top of Veliki Šiljak and Rajac at 848 m, to the top of Suvobor at 866 m, and back to the mountain house, on another path. The walking path is circular. The trail is not demanding, it is 18 km long, with about 500 m of ascent. It takes about 6 hours to cross with breaks.
- After a hiking tour, lunch can be arranged nearby.
- Return to Belgrade by 9 PM.