The river Gradac and it's gorge represent a real treasure of the Valjevo region. Gradac springs below the mountain Povlen and is one of the cleanest rivers in Europe. It is the richest tributary of the Kolubara in water.
The gorge of the river Gradac is about 22 km long, it is picturesque and extremely rich in wildlife and caves. More than 70 caves have been discovered in the river gorge so far. There are several mills and ponds on the 12 km long river.
We are going on a hiking tour through the gorge where we will see all its beauty.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, by agreement
Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||5.30 h Novi Sad
7 h Belgrade
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour through the gorge of the river Gradac
A guide and the tour organization
|NOT INCLUDED||Lunch and other individual costs|
- Equipment for the Gradac hiking tour: The standard for hiking actions. Hiking shoes or sports shoes with a stronger sole, adequate hiking clothes adapted to the weather conditions, a backpack, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit). The river is trampled to the knees several times and it is necessary to bring spare shoes. Shoes or sneakers in which you walk are used to pass through the riverbed because stones are trampled through the riverbed. Flip-flops, water sandals, and shoes for water sports are not recommended!
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 12 km + 3km (for those who want to go to the source). At the end of the trail (6 km), we will go through water, where the river is trampled to the knees several times.
- Total ascend/descend: oko 300 m
- Category: easy, hiking along the riverbed, forest path, partly across the meadow and through the water.
- Duration: around 5h with breaks
- For the tour realization, it is necessary a minimum of 18 passengers
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, price is 3000 dinars.
- Transportation from Novi Sad: for a minimum of 10 passengers from Novi Sad we organize transportation at a price of 1500 dinars per person.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 1700 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 2300 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
The gorge of the river Gradac
The river Gradac is the richest tributary of Kolubara in water. It cut a 22.7 km long gorge-canyon valley. Gradac originates from the confluence of the Bukovska river and Zabava and has a length of 28 km and a total drop of 187 meters to the mouth of the Kolubara. The gorge is extremely rich in wildlife and underground forms of karst erosion. The most interesting and most visited picnic areas and beaches are Livadica, Ploče, Kriva vrba, Šareno platno. The Belgrade-Bar railway passes through the gorge of the river Gradac.
The river Gradac and its gorge are also called the Valjevo miracle. It has been officially declared one of the cleanest rivers in Southeast Europe. On the bank of the river, 6 km from Valjevo, there is the monastery of Ćelije, and below it an ethno household with a restaurant.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Valjevo
- Departure from Novi Sad at 5.30
- Departure from Belgrade at 7 AM from the parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
- Travel to Valjevo, drive about 1.5 hours. Coffee break.
- Departure to the starting point of the hike.
Hiking tour through the gorge of the river Gradac
- Departure to the start of the hiking trail from Degurić through the gorge of the river Gradac.
- We go along the riverbed to the picnic area Šareno platno and to the source of the river. Who does not want to hike to the spring, can spend time in a beautiful location and meadows of Šareno platno along the river.
- One part we return along the same path and after that we pass through the riverbed, where the river treads from bank to bank and where you will see all the beauty of the gorge and the river Gradac. That part of the trail is 6 km long and can be crossed in about 2 hours.
- Description of the hiking trail:
- Length: 12 km + 3km (for those who want to go to the source)
- Altitude difference: 300 m
- Category: easy, the trail is not demanding, neither conditionally nor technically, it is suitable for all ages.
Lunch at a nearby restaurant
- After the walking tour we go for lunch at a nearby ethno restaurant.
- Departure to Belgrade, arrival in the evening, around 9 PM.