Boracki krs has been declared a natural monument. This rare form of relief is part of an extinct volcano of 20 million years old. Hiking tour from Jesevac mountain to Boracki krs whose top, which is at 515 m offers fantastic views of Sumadija, Gruzansko Lake, and the village of Borac. An easy hiking trail for all ages, and on the ridge of Boracki krs there is a trail for the braver ones.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, near Lokomotiva
Belgrade, parking lot in the municipality of Novi Beograd
|DEPARTURE TIME||5.30h Novi Sad
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour at Jesevac mountain and Boracki krs
|NOT INCLUDED||Lunch and other individual costs
Transportation from Novi Sad
- Description of the hiking trail: the trail is easy, about 17 km long, about 700 m of the total ascend. At the very top of Boracki krs, one group of the most adventurous can pass the path that leads part of the ridge over the rocks.
- Equipment: Deep hiking boots with a vibram sole or sports shoes with a stronger sole, adequate clothing in accordance with the weather conditions. Backpack with the necessary mountaineering equipment for a one-day action. Be sure to bring enough water (1.5 l), one meal, energy bars, fruit, a spare T-shirt, long pants or tracksuit, an ID card and a health card.
- For the realization of the tour, it is necessary to have a minimum of 17 entries
- Transportation from Novi Sad: Surcharge for transportation from Novi Sad is 1000 dinars per person.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here.
With this program are valid “Explore Serbia” association tour execution rules and general terms of travel.
The organizer reserves the right to change the program. There is no travel guarantee for this trip.
Novi Sad - Belgrade - Jesevac - Borac
- Departure from Novi Sad at the Lokomotiva at 5.30 h
- Departure from Belgrade at 7 am, from the parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
- Journey to Topola and Gornji Milanovac. 30-minute break for breakfast / coffee.
- Arriving at the starting point for hiking on Jesevac mountain. Ascent to Crni vrh at 902 m. The mountain is of volcanic origin, the path to the top is wooded. Along the way we will come across rocks of volcanic origin. Pause at the top.
- After that, the descent and the continuation of hiking across the meadows towards Boracki krš.
- Arrival in the village of Borac and a short visit of the church of the Holy Archangel Gabriel from the 14th century. The church together with the medieval town of Borac and the old cemetery in Borac represents an immovable cultural property as a cultural monument of great importance. It was erected in 1359 during the famous Nemanjic dynasty.
- Hiking tour to top of Boracki krs at 515 m. The trail is not demanding, it is about 4 km long, about 300 m of ascend and everyone can cross it.
- At the top we will take a break, which offers a phenomenal view of Gruza Lake and Sumadija.
- Only the bravest at the top embark on a path that leads to one part of the ridge, which involves climbing the rocks. The trail is short but attractive.
- Descent to the foothills of Boracki krs.
Lunch in a rural household/restaurant
- After hiking, going to a nearby rural household or a restaurant for a late lunch.
- Return to Belgrade in evening hours.
The nature monument "Boracki krs" encompasses part of the Rudnik-Kotlenica area and is located in southwestern Sumadia between Rudnik, Kotlenic and Gledic mountains, on the territory of the municipality of Knic. It is a rare form of relief - an elevation that is part of an extinct volcano of about 20 million years old. It is made of rocks of great strength and stability. Its highest peak is located at 515 m. It was declared a natural monument by a decision of the Government of the Republic of Serbia in 2019.
Boracki krs together with the Gruza Lake, forms the national IBA (Important Bird Area). There are 79 bird species recorded in Krš itself, representing 22% of the total bird diversity in Serbia. First of all, birds of prey and singer birds stand out. Some of the most important species are: the oyster predator, the mousetrap, the nocturnal predator of the bush, the owl and the songbirds - the woodpecker, the black-throated stork, the water-fowl, the black reaper, the gray reaper, the rumpus, the woodpecker.
During the Middle Ages, Borac Krs was an important fortification and on it there was the city of Borac, strategically placed in the best place in this part of Sumadija, from whose towers the entire valley of Gruza was visible. Today, the remains of the former fortification are located in Krš, which together with the Church of Sv. Archangel Gabriel and the old cemetery, located at the foot, represent the architectural - petrologist objects of Serbia 's because they are built of stone from Borac Karst.
Church of the Holy Archangels in Borac, together with The Medieval Town of Borac and The Old Cemetery represents an immovable cultural property as a cultural monument of great importance. It was erected in 1359 during the famous Nemanjic dynasty.
Numerous legends and folk tales are tied to her past. According to one legend, Prince Lazar and Princess Milica came to the church before The Battle of Kosovo.