One-day tour in Eastern Serbia for the holiday - Easter Monday. Homolje is a real ecological oasis with numerous mills, interesting caves, legends, myths and customs.
Hiking tour to the top of Veliki Vukan at 811 m, then to Mali Vukan at 752 m. After the hiking tour, relax by the river Mlava.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, Merkator Shopping center
Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Guide and organization of the tour
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the Homolje Mountains - Veliki and Mali Vukan tour: Deep hiking shoes with a Vibram sole, backpack, layered wardrobe, adapted to the weather conditions, we recommend hiking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 12 km
- Total ascend/descend: about 750 m
- Category: moderate
- Duration: about 6 to 7 hours with breaks
- A minimum of 18 applicants is required for the realization of the Homolje Mountains Tour - Veliki and Mali Vukan.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 2800 dinars.
- Transportation from Novi Sad: surcharge is 1000 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 1600 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 2200 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of the postponement or cancellation of the tour by the organizers is 2 days before departure
The Homolje mountains belong to the Carpathian-Balkan group of mountains. They are built mostly of slate and limestone. They are located between the Zviška valley in the north and the Žagubica valley in the south, as well as between the Mlavska valley in the west and the source parts of Gornji Pek in the east. The average height is about 900 meters, and the highest peak is Oman at 962 meters. The mountains are rich in dense forest and many river springs. The lower parts of the Homolje mountains are overgrown with oak forests, in the middle parts there are oak and beech forests, while in the highest parts there are pastures and meadows, and on them katuns and bacije, ancient cattle-breeding habitats, where flocks of sheep graze, from whose milk it is made Homolje cheese.
In the administrative sense, Homolje almost completely belongs to the municipality of Zagubica, which borders the municipalities of Petrovac, Despotovac, Bor, Majdanpek and Kucevo.
The monastery was built in XIV century. It is located next to the rocky cliffs of Mt. Jazevec. and where flows fast river Mlava. The monastery is the endowment of Prince Lazar. Medieval buildings are preserved: the main monastery church dedicated to Vavedenje and the anchoress in the cave, dedicated to St. Nicholas.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Petrovac on Mlava - Ždrelo
- Departure from Novi Sad at 5.30
- Departure from Belgrade at 7h
- Journey via Pozarevac, Petrovac on Mlava to the village Ždrelo.
Hiking tour to the top of Veliki and Mali Vukan
- The hiking tour starts from the village of Zdrelo and goes along a beautiful trail, first to the top of Veliki Vukan at 811 m, then to the top of Mali Vukan at 752 m. In the initial part of the trail there is a strong and constant ascent, which partly goes through the forest, partly through rocky sections. The peaks offer a phenomenal view of the surrounding mountains.
- After a break and rest, there is a descent through a beech, then a pine forest on a circular path back to the village of Zdrelo.
- After the hiking tour, departure to the Gornjak Monastery and lunch at a nearby restaurant on the banks of the Mlava River, where you can try some of the Homolje specialties: sheep and cow cheese, Homolje lamb, porridge, trout.
- Tour of the monastery as desired. The monastery lies on a smaller, extended plateau of the Mlava in the Gornjak gorge. It leans against the stone cliffs of Ježevac below which the fast and clear Mlava passes. The monastery is the endowment of Prince Lazar and was built in the 14th century.
- Information about a hiking trail: length about 12 km, duration about 6h-7h with breaks, with an altitude difference of 640 m, total ascent and descent about 750 m. The trail belongs to the moderate category.
- Return to Belgrade in the evening until 9 pm.