Divčibare is a plateau on Mount Maljen, 110 km from Belgrade, at an altitude of about 1000 m with a pleasant and mild climate, with several nature reserves. It represents an "air spa" due to the beneficial influence of the climate. Air masses from the Mediterranean reach the plateau and collide with air masses from the Carpathians and the Pannonian Plain, which can explain the presence of iodine in the air.
Flower meadows decorated with white narcissus, rich plant and animal life, abundant springs and running water, and conifer forests, especially pine trees - make Divčibare attractive in all seasons. The bright purple flowers of the heather (Erica carnea) and the saffron fields (Crocus sativus) give the landscape a special beauty.
On this tour, we will follow a circular footpath - the peaks of Divčibare, and enjoy passing through spruce forests, winter ambiance, and fantastic viewpoints. We will also go to the highest peak of Maljen, Kraljev sto at 1104 m.
|Belgrade, parking lot in the municipality of Novi Beograd
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
|Transportation from Belgrade
Hiking tour in Divčibare
Guide and organization of the tour
Transportation from Novi Sad
Other individual costs
- Equipment for Divcibare hiking tour: Deep hiking shoes with Vibram soles or deep snow shoes/boots, backpack, layered clothing, warm for winter conditions (winter jacket, hat, gaiters, gloves). We recommend poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- The tour belongs to the moderate category. In the article 5 tips for dressing, equipment, and food for all-day activities in nature you can find useful information.
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 17 km
- Total ascend/descend: around 800 m
- Category: moderate
- Duration: around 7 hours with breaks
- If someone finds it difficult, the trail can be shortened in one part. In that case, it is about 10 km.
- A minimum of 18 registrants is required for the realization of the Divčibare hiking tour.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 4200 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come with your own transport, the price of the tour is 2300 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 3300 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- Transportation from Novi Sad: the surcharge is 1200 dinars. Another option is to take the train to the Tošin Bunar railway station in New Belgrade, where you can wait for our transport. You can see the timetable here.
- Accident insurance: in order for this type of insurance to be active, you need to send us your personal number (JMBG) when registering.
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Divcibare
- Departure from Belgrade at 7 AM from the parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
- Traveling on the Miloš Veliki highway to Divčibare.
- Arrival at Divčibare by 9 am.
- A short break to refresh and prepare for the hike. The possibility of going to the market and buying local products.
Hiking tour - peaks of Divčibare
- The hiking tour starts around 9:30 am. First, we'll go to The Tree of Love, then to Crni Vrh, where we will take a short break. The continuation of the path leads to the peak of Velika Pleca (1050 m). In one part of the trail, if someone finds it tiring, the hike can be shortened. The others continue to ascend to the highest peak of Maljen, Kraljev Sto (1104m).
- The continuation of the path leads to the peaks of Stražara and Golubac. We will visit one of the the most beautiful viewpoints on Divčibare and the mountain Maljen - Ljuti Krš.
- We will take a break for up to 10 minutes to look around and take photos at each peak/viewpoint.
- The hiking trail belongs to the moderate category, it is about 17 km long, with about 800 m of total ascent and descent. It takes about 7 hours with breaks.
- End of the hike around 4:00 p.m., after which it is possible to organize lunch from a restaurant in the center of Divčibare.
- Return to Belgrade by 9 PM.