Winter hiking tour in Fruška Gora National Park. Once upon a time, Fruška Gora was a lonely island in the Pannonian Sea. Now it is a beautiful mountain with gentle slopes, centuries-old forests, vineyards, and numerous monasteries. A circular hiking trail from Vrdnik leads along beautiful forest paths. We will visit the recreation area, Lazin Vir, then we will go over Kanovo Brdo and reach one of the viewpoints on Ledinačko Lake.
After the hiking tour, a visit to a private winery and, if desired, bathing in the thermal water of the healing spa Vrdnik.
|The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
|Transportation from Belgrade
Hiking tour at Fruška Gora
Ticket to enter the National Park Fruska Gora
Tour of the winery in Irig with an expert guide
Entrance ticket for the thermal pools in Vrdnik (700 dinars)
Other individual costs
- Equipment: Deep hiking shoes with a vibrating sole or deep shoes/boots for snow, backpack, layered wardrobe, warm for winter conditions (winter jacket, hat, gaiters, gloves), we recommend trekking poles, bring enough water, and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit). For those who go swimming in the thermal pools, it is necessary to bring a bathing suit, towel and slippers.
- Information about a hiking trail: circular trail, easy-moderate, length about 15 km, duration about 5 to 6 hours, ascent/descent about 400 m.
- The tour is organized for at least 18 registered passengers.
- Due to winter conditions, possible deep snow and mud, the trail is not recommended for children under 10 years old.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 4300 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come with your own transport, the price of the tour is 2300 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 3300 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- Accident insurance: in order for this type of insurance to be active, you need to send us your personal number (JMBG) when registering.
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of the postponement or cancellation of the tour by the organizer is 2 days before departure.
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Fruška Gora
- Departure from Belgrade at 7.30h
- Journey towards Fruška Gora. After an hour and a half drive, we arrive at the starting point in Vrdnik, from where our hiking tour starts.
Hiking tour at Fruška Gora
- Departure for the hike around 9:00 a.m. from Vrdnik to Ravanica monastery. On the trail of attractions we will visit Lazin Vir, a picnic area where there is a small waterfall and spring. The continuation of the path goes across Kanovo Brdo where there is a beautiful viewpoint and a conifer forest. Our destination will be one of the viewpoints on to Ledinacko Lake. The lake is shaped like a bean and is surrounded by cliffs on almost all sides. It is a true pearl of Fruška Gora, characterized by its green and turquoise color (depending on the season and vegetation). Return to Vrdnik on another path back.
- The hiking tour is easy-moderate, lasting about 5-6 hours with breaks. It is about 15 km long, with about 400 m of ascent and descent. A circular path that mostly goes along forest paths, partly over a meadow and a beaten dirt road.
Visit to a private winery - Vrdnik thermal pools
- After the hiking tour, we will go to a private winery in Irig, where the hosts will meet us and introduce us to their winery. You will have the opportunity to buy wines, if you wish we can also organize lunch.
- After a visit to the winery, an optional trip to the thermal pools of the Vrdnik spa. The water is medicinal, the temperature is around 30 C °. Bathing for about 2.5 hours. Ticket price is 700 dinars and is paid on the spot.
- Those who do not want to go swimming can spend time in Vrdnik in one of the cafes/restaurants.
- Departure for Belgrade is planned around 19:30, where we will arrive by 21:00.