Price of the tour
Kosmaj is a beautiful Sumadija mountain with a crescent-shaped ridge 626 m high. Only 60 km from Belgrade is ideal for an escape from the urban environment. It is covered mainly by beech and oak forest with a beautiful walking trail and viewpoints to the surrounding Sumadija mountains. The symbol of Kosmaj is an impressive monument erected by fallen soldiers in World War II. It is part of the regional cultural tourist route called Balkan Monumental Trail (BMT) It is supposed to revive the art, design, and architecture of World War II monuments, built between the 1950s and 1990s across the Western Balkans.
Circular footpath through the beautiful beech and oak forest, with a visit to the lookout point with a view of Šumadija. After the hike, lunch in a nearby restaurant, in a beautiful setting.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade|
|DEPARTURE TIME||8.00 h Beograd|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour at Kosmaj Mountain
A guide and the tour organization
|NOT INCLUDED||Lunch and other individual costs|
- Equipment for Kosmaj hiking tour: Deep hiking boots with a vibrating sole or deep shoes/boots for snow, backpack, layered wardrobe, warm for winter conditions (winter jacket, hat, leggings, gloves), we recommend trekking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 12 km
- Total ascend/descend: around 600 m
- Category: easy
- Duration: about 5 hours with breaks
- A minimum of 18 registrants is required for the realization of the Kosmaj hiking tour.
- Due to winter conditions, possible deep snow and mud, the trail is not recommended for children under 10 years old.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 3700 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 1900 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 2900 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of the postponement or cancellation of the tour by the organizer is 2 days before departure.
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo. According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Kosmaj
- Departure from Belgrade at 8 AM from the parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
- Transfer to Kosmaj mountain that takes around 1 hour
- Short break and refreshment before the hiking tour or visit to the monastery Tresije from XIV century
Hiking at Kosmaj Mountain
- Circular hiking trail where we will firstly visit Monument to the Fallen Soldiers of the Kosmaj Detachment in WWII – an attractive, imposing monument from 1971 that representing a sculptural-architectural composition consisting of five concrete arms, 30 meters high, symbolizing the libertarian and uprising spark.
- Continue walking towards the viewpoint Kosutica then to the remains of the medieval monastery Kasteljan, then to the Goli Vrh viewpoint and the memorial ossuary of the defenders of Belgrade from the First World War on the Beli Kamen peak. Return to the starting point of our tour near the monastery of Tresije.
- After the walking tour, going to a nearby restaurant with traditional food. Late lunch.
- After lunch, return to Belgrade, where we arrive in the evening until 8 pm.