16th Feb 2021
Kosmaj is a beautiful Sumadija mountain with a crescent-shaped ridge 626 m high. Only 60 km from Belgrade is ideal for an escape from the urban environment. It is covered mainly by beech and oak forest with a beautiful walking trail and viewpoints to the surrounding Sumadija mountains. The symbol of Kosmaj is an impressive monument erected by fallen soldiers in World War II. It is part of the regional cultural tourist route called Balkan Monumental Trail (BMT) It is supposed to revive the art, design, and architecture of World War II monuments, built between the 1950s and 1990s across the Western Balkans.
We are going on a hiking tour that we will end with a visit to our most famous craft brewery Kabinet.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, near Lokomotiva
Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||6.30h Novi Sad
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour at Kosmaj Mountain
A guide and the tour organization
|NOT INCLUDED||Lunch and other individual costs|
- Equipment for Kosmaj hiking tour: Deep hiking boots or sports shoes with a stronger sole, backpack, layered wardrobe, we recommend hiking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 12 km
- Total ascend/descend: around 600 m
- Category: easy
- Duration: about 5 hours with breaks
- For the realization of the tour, it is necessary to have a minimum of 17 entries.
- In organized transportation, it is mandatory to wear protective masks.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, cena iznosi 2300 dinara.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 900 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 1200 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
Organizator ture je turistička agencija Explore Balkans doo. Prema članu 79. Zakona o turizmu za jednodnevne ture nije obezbeđena zaštita u pogledu garancije putovanja.
Belgrade - Kosmaj
- Departure from Novi Sad at 6.30
- Departure from Belgrade at 8 AM from the parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
- Transfer to Kosmaj mountain that takes around 1 hour
- Short break and refreshment before the hiking tour or visit to the monastery Tresije from XIV century
Hiking at Kosmaj Mountain
- Circular hiking trail where we will firstly visit Monument to the Fallen Soldiers of the Kosmaj Detachment in WWII – an attractive, imposing monument from 1971 that representing a sculptural-architectural composition consisting of five concrete arms, 30 meters high, symbolizing the libertarian and uprising spark.
- Continue walking towards viewpoint Goli vrh then to the remains of medieval monastery Kasteljan, via the village Nemenikuće return to the starting point of our tour.
- After a hiking tour, a visit to our most famous craft brewery Kabinet, where you can taste a variety of delicious beers
- Lunch and rest at the on-site restaurant
- After lunch we return to Belgrade, where we arrive in the evening.