14th March 2020
Kosmaj is a beautiful Sumadija mountain with a crescent-shaped ridge 626 m high. Only 60 km from Belgrade is ideal for an escape from the urban environment. It is covered mainly by beech and oak forest with a beautiful walking trail and viewpoints to the surrounding Sumadija mountains. The symbol of Kosmaj is an impressive monument erected by fallen soldiers in World War II.
We are going on a hiking tour that we will end with a visit to our most famous craft brewery Kabinet.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, near Lokomotiva
Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||6.30h Novi Sad
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour at Kosmaj Mountain
A guide and the tour organization
|NOT INCLUDED||Lunch and other individual costs|
- Equipment: hiking boots or sports shoes with a stronger sole, please bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruits)
- Information about a hiking trail: Length 12 km, total ascent/descend 600 m, category: easy
- For the realization of the tour, it is necessary to have a minimum of 17 entries
- For departure from Novi Sad, the supplement is 1000 dinars
- If you use it own transport, the price is reduced by 800 dinars
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here.
With this program are valid “Explore Serbia” association tour execution rules and general terms of travel, February 2020. The organizer reserves the right to the change program – schedule due to objective circumstances.
For this trip is not provided protection for travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Kosmaj
- Departure from Novi Sad at 6.30
- Departure from Belgrade at 8 AM from the parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
- Transfer to Kosmaj mountain that takes around 1 hour
- Short break and refreshment before the hiking tour or visit to the monastery Tresije from XIV century
Hiking at Kosmaj Mountain
- Circular hiking trail where we will firstly visit Monument to the Fallen Soldiers of the Kosmaj Detachment in WWII – an attractive, imposing monument from 1971 that representing a sculptural-architectural composition consisting of five concrete arms, 30 meters high, symbolizing the libertarian and uprising spark.
- Continue walking towards viewpoint Goli vrh then to the remains of medieval monastery Kasteljan, via the village Nemenikuće return to the starting point of our tour.
- After a hiking tour, a visit to our most famous craft brewery Kabinet, where you can taste a variety of delicious beers
- Lunch and rest at the on-site restaurant
- After lunch we return to Belgrade, where we arrive in the evening.