Orovica is a mountain located in the massif of the Ovčar-Kablar gorge, about ten kilometers west of Kablar. In recent years, it has increasingly attracted the attention of hikers and hikers. It is much less known and visited than Ovčar and Kablar, but it is no less beautiful and picturesque. It stretches in the direction of the village Tučkovo - Vrnčani, and is surrounded by the villages Rošci, Jančići, Gornja Dobrinja, Jelen do. It is 856 m high, and from the nearby peaks and lookouts there are beautiful views of Ovčar, Kablar, Šest, Debela gora, Jelen do, Požega valley.
The nearby peak and lookout, known as Vlasenac, since when you can best experience the canyon of the Vrnčanska river, provides a truly special and unusual experience.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade|
|DEPARTURE TIME||6.30h Beograd|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation from Belgrade
Hiking tour on Orovica
Group coordinator and tour organization
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the mount Orovica tour: Deep hiking boots with a Vibram sole or deep sports shoes with stronger sole, backpack, layered wardrobe, adapted to weather conditions, we recommend trekking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit). In winter conditions, when there is snow or mud on the trail, we recommend gaiters and bring spare clothes (sneakers, socks, T-shirt).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 14 km
- Total ascend: around 600 m
- Category: easy-moderate, hiking on forest roads, partly macadam and rocky sections on the ridge
- Duration: about 6h-7h
- For the realization of the tour, a minimum of 18 registered passengers is required.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 3800 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 2000 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 3000 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Čačak - village Tučkovo
- Departure from Belgrade from the parking lot of Novi Beograd municipality at 6.30h
- Travel by highway to Čačak, then to Ovčar Banje and arrival in the village of Tučkovo. On the way, one break for morning coffee.
Hiking tour on Orovica
- Departure for hiking tour around 10 am from the village of Tuckovo. The trail is very beautiful and interesting. After a short walk on a macadam road, we will cross the Vrnčanska river and reach the saddle, from where you start climbing the mountain range. That's when the real enjoyment begins, because after the wooded landscape, a narrow rocky path leads to the top of Vlasenac and the hunting lodge. Beautiful peaks and a view of the Vrnčanska river canyon can be a special inspiration for lovers of beautiful photography.
- Arriving at the top of Vlasenac, we will see one of the most beautiful views of the canyon, and it is also a place where you can relax and enjoy. The trail continues to the top of Velika Orovica (856 m), and then descends towards the hamlet of Karanci. We will go out on a shorter part of the asphalt road, and then you go down the macadam road to the starting point, the village of Tuckovo. The macadam road leads along beautiful rocky landscapes, and for the most part above the canyon of the Vrnčanska river.
- Information about a hiking trail: easy-moderate, 14 km long, with a total ascent of about 600 m, duration of about 6 to 7 hours with breaks. We will hike on forest roads, partly macadam and rocky sections on the ridge.
- After the hiking tour, depart to Ovčar Banja, where it is possible to use the wellness facilities and have lunch at a nearby restaurant.
- Departure for Belgrade where we will arrive by 9 pm.