Eastern Serbia is rich in natural rarities. One of them is the river Jagnjilo, which rises in the place of Bigar and in its lower part forms a specific, very narrow canyon with a series of smaller waterfalls. The Jagnjilo river is a tributary of the Veliki Pek, it flows through the village of Jasikovo and, meeting with the Božina river and its tributary the Lipa, forms the Veliki Pek.
On this tour, we will pass through the canyon of the Jagnjilo river and visit the inaccessible Korkan cave, which is specific for its sparkling and golden vault. Passing through the Jagnjilo river canyon is a great experience that requires a little adventurous spirit.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, by agreement
Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||5.30h (Novi Sad)
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Guide, sightseeing according to the program and organization of the tour
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the Jagnjilo river canyon tour: Sports shoes with a stronger sole, protection from the sun (cap, hat), summer clothing (part of the trail through the Jagnjilo river canyon can be walked in a bathing suit), small backpack, bring enough water (minimum 1.5 l) and some food (snacks) , fruit). The Jagnjilo river is repeatedly waded, the depth of the water varies from year to year, sometimes knee-deep, sometimes thigh-high. If you have waterproof backpacks, you can put things in them or in plastic bags. To pass through the river bed, shoes or sneakers are used in which you walk, because stones are stepped on through the river bed. Footwear such as flip flops, water sandals, for water sports is not recommended! Bring a spare cover and shoes that will remain in the vehicle.
- Trail information:
- Length: 12 km in total
- Category: moderate
- Duration: around 6 hours with breaks
- The path involves hiking through the river bed, on stones, partly through the forest.
- For the realization of the tour, a minimum of 19 registered passengers is required.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 3700 dinars.
- Transportation from Novi Sad: surcharge is 1000 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 2100 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 2700 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Beograd - Majdanpek - Jasikovo
- Departure from Novi Sad at 5.30
- Departure from Belgrade at 7h
- Traveling on the highway via Požarevac, Kučevo and Majdanpek to the village of Jasikovo, where we arrive around 10:30 a.m. with a break along the way.
- Departure to the starting point from where the hiking tour starts and passing through the Jagnjilo river canyon.
Passing through the canyon of the Jagnjilo river
- The beginning of the trail is between the village of Jasikovo and the village of Laznica. In the first part of the trail, we will hike downhill over meadows and along a forest path for about 5 km.
Before we enter the canyon we will visit the Korkan cave, tens of meters high and about 100 m long. It is characterized by a glittering golden vault and grandiosity.
- The Jagnjilo river canyon is characterized by a series of smaller waterfalls. In some sections, the canyon is narrow, so sometimes you have to jump over rocks. Passing through the canyon implies that you have an adventurous spirit.
- Information about a hiking trail: moderate, total length of 12 km, duration about 6 hours with breaks. The trail involves walking through the river bed, where there are stones, the water is knee-deep and in some sections up to the thigh.
- Return to Belgrade where we arrive around 9 pm.