Mount Krstatac is located near Sokobanja. It belongs to the Carpathian mountains and is characterized by a limestone massif.
It belongs to the medium-high mountains with the highest peak Šiljak at 1070 m and can be reached from the village of Milušinac. From the jagged top, there is a beautiful view of the Sokobanjska basin, Ozren, Devica, Bukovik, Tupižnica, and Rtanj.
On Krstatac there is the "God's Door", an interesting speleological phenomenon, a window, which represents the rest of the former cave created by the collapse. Legend has it that if someone is suffering from a serious illness, they can be cured by passing through this door.
On this tour, we will hike on a circular hiking trail that leads to the highest peak of Krstatac. After that, we will pass through God's Door and descend to Milušinac Waterfall. We will also visit the Manastiriste picnic area and Buk Spring. This tour is ideal for all lovers of nature and hiking.
|Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
|Transportation from Belgrade
Mountaineering tour at Krstatac
A guide and the tour organization
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the Krstatac mountain tour: Deep hiking shoes, a backpack with the necessary equipment for a one-day hike, and layered clothing adapted to the weather conditions, we recommend poles, a raincoat, and a headlamp, bring enough water, and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 15 km
- The lowest point: 470 m
- The highest peak: 1070 m
- Total ascend/descend: oko 800 m/950 m
- Category: moderate, hiking along dirt and forest roads and partly rocky sections
- Duration: about 7h-8h with breaks
- For the realization of the tour, a minimum of 18 registered passengers is required.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 5400 dinars.
- Accident insurance: in order for this type of insurance to be active, you need to send us your personal number (JMBG) when registering.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 3100 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 4100 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Milušinac
- Departure from Belgrade at 6:00 a.m. from the parking lot of the municipality of New Belgrade.
- Traveling by highway to Sokobanja and the village of Milušinac. Break on the way for morning coffee/breakfast.
- We arrive at the starting point of the hiking trail around 10 am. Short preparation for hiking.
Mountaineering tour on Krstatac mountain
- Departure for hiking from the village of Milušinac. The first part of the trail is a paved macadam and dirt road to the Krstatac peak at 1070 m. The ascent is constant. From the top, there is a beautiful view of the Sokobanjska basin and the surrounding mountains - Ozren, Devica, Tupižnica, Rtanj. We will take a break at the top, then descend to the unique karst phenomenon, the window God's door. After a break for photography, we continue along the forest path to Milušinački waterfall and the Manastište picnic area.
- We will also visit the waterfalls of of the Buk source which is rich in water in early spring.
- Information about the mountain trail: moderate, about 15 km long, with a total ascent of about 800 m, a total descent of about 950 m, and a duration of 7 to 8 hours with breaks.
Milušinac - Belgrade
- After the hiking tour, it is possible to organize a lunch at a nearby rural household.
- Departure for Belgrade, where we arrive around 10 p.m.