Price of the tour
The Magleš mountain belongs to the Valjevo mountains and geographically it can be considered to be the eastern part, i.e. a branch of the Povlen mountain. It is located 23 km south of Valjevo, and its highest peak is Pali at 1036 m.
Sinkholes, meadows, forests, and beautiful vistas alternate on the slopes of Magleš. At the foot of Magleš is the river Zabava, which together with the Bukovska river forms the river Gradac.
On this hiking tour, we will go to the highest peak of Pali. The landscape that we will pass through is especially beautiful and fairy-tale in the winter snowy environment.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade|
|DEPARTURE TIME||6.30h Beograd|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Mountaineering tour at Magleš
A guide and the tour organization
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the Magleš mountain tour: Deep and warm hiking shoes and gaiters, layered wardrobe, warm for winter conditions (winter jacket, hat, cap, gloves, active underwear), winter hiking pants or ski pants, waterproof hiking backpack, hiking poles, headlamp, spare clothes. Be sure to bring enough water (1.5 l) and some food (energy bars, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 16 km
- Total ascend/descend: 700 m
- Category: moderate
- Duration: around 6 hours
- Physical requirements: in case of deep snow, a good physical preparation is required for the ascent of Magleš. The hiking tour is not recommended for people with poor physical condition and/or health problems. The guide reserves the right not to take people with inadequate equipment on a hike.
- A minimum of 18 registrants is required for the implementation of the Magleš mountain tour.
- Due to winter conditions, possible deep snow and mud, the trial is not recommended for children under 12 years of age.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 3900 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 2000 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 3000 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of the postponement or cancellation of the tour by the organizer is 2 days before departure.
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Magleš
- Departure from Belgrade at 6:30 a.m. from the parking lot of the municipality of New Belgrade. Travel along the Miloš Veliki highway via Valjevo to the Lastra railway station in the village of Gornje Leskovice. A short coffee break on the way.
- Departure for the hike at 8.30 am.
Mountaineering tour at Magleš
- The hiking tour starts from the Lastra railway station. The trail leads along a forest road along the Gradac River, which here originates from the Zabava River and the Bukovska River. This is followed by a constant ascent over a length of about 4 km. After that, we go out to the hamlets of the village of Gornje Leskovice, where we will alternate passing through the forest and snow-covered meadows with beautiful views of the surroundings of the Valjevo mountains.
- We pass by the old elementary school, then go out to the clearing Kraljevo brdo and come to the church of St. Great Martyr Georgi.
- This is followed by a 2 km long ascent and the most beautiful part of the path through the coniferous forest to the peak of Pali at 1036 m.
- After a break and rest at the top, there is a descent of 7 km, past the hamlet and finally along the river Zabava.
- Information about the hiking trail: circular path with a total length of 16 km, with about 700 m of ascent and descent. The trail belongs to the moderate category, in case of deep snow, it belongs to moderate to difficult category and it is necessary to use winter mountaineering equipment. It takes about 6 to 7 hours with breaks, and depending on the conditions on the ground, it can take longer.
- After the hiking tour, lunch can be arranged at a nearby restaurant.
- Return to Belgrade by 8.30 PM.