Jelica is a mountain from the Dinaric group of mountains south of Čačak and stretches for 30 km. It continues to the mountain Ovčar, and its highest peak is Crna stena at 929 m. Among the peaks, Gradina, Stjenik, Vetrinja, Neboš stand out for their beauty, and from each of them there is an incredible view of the Čačak basin and Dragačevo.
The northern part of the mountain is extremely wooded and is crossed by numerous streams and rivers. According to legend, the mountain was named after the girl Jelica, who, wanting to escape from Turkish enslavement, jumped from the ruins of the old city of Gradina, which dates back to the reign of Emperor Justinian.
On this hiking tour, we will go to Stjenik peak and Stjenik natural arch (window), which Jelica is known for, then to the peaks of Neboš and Crna Stena and viewpoints from which there is a phenomenal view of the surrounding area.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Guide and organization of the tour
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the Jelica mountain tour: Deep hiking shoes with a Vibram sole, backpack, layered wardrobe, adapted to the weather conditions, we recommend hiking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 19 km
- Total ascend/descend: about 1000 m
- Category: moderate
- Duration: about 8 hours with breaks
- This hiking tour is not recommended for people with poor physical condition and / or health problems; the guide reserves the right not to take a person with inadequate equipment for hiking; prohibited consumption of alcoholic beverages before and during hiking; in case of bad weather and other objective circumstances, hiking tou can be postponed.
- For the realization of the tour, a minimum of 18 registered passengers is required.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 4100 dinars.
- Own transportation: for this tour own transport is not possible, because the starting and ending point of the hiking tour are not the same.
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of the postponement or cancellation of the tour by the organizers is 2 days before departure
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
- Photos used in the gallery: Branka Vuković i Duško Opačić
In addition to the extraordinary natural beauty, the mountain Jelica is adorned and guarded by two monasteries: Stjenik and Ježevica. They date from the 14th century and are endowments of Mrnjavčević and King Milutin, as well as numerous archeological sites. In the past, the mountain was on the caravan road from Primorje to Pomoravlje, which was especially important for the development of this whole area. The mountain has a lot of hiking and walking trails that are very well marked, and it is also very visited by campers who choose Jelica for their enjoyment of nature.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Čačak - Banjica
- Departure from Belgrade at 6.30 am
- Travel by highway to Čačak. Coffee break on the way.
- Arrival at the starting point of the hike in the village of Banjica around 9:00 a.m.
Mountaineering tour on Jelica: Stjenik peak and Stjenik natural arch-window Neboš and Crna Stena peaks
- At the beginning of the trail, there is an ascent of about 300 m through the forest over a length of about 2 km. The path leads to the top Stjenik at 825 m. If the weather conditions are suitable, the ascent to Stjenik natural arch (window) by which the Jelica mountain became recognizable. Extreme caution is required during the short ascent to the shaft, as well as during the descent. The ascent is made easier by the installed cable. If you don't want to go through this part, you can wait for the group in a safe area.
- We continue on until St. Jovan's cave, followed by a gentler climb to the top of Neboš (894m) on a length of about 1.5 km.
- To the highest peak of Jelica, Crna stena at 929 m, a ridge path leads through the forest. On the way to the top, we will have two beautiful viewpoints where we will take a break to rest and enjoy the view.
- We continue on and descend the mountain slopes to the village of Ježevica and the monastery of the same name where we end the hiking tour.
- Information about the mountain trail: length about 19 km, duration about 8 hours with breaks, with about 1000 m of total ascent and descent. The trail belongs to the moderate category and is technically demanding. Solid physical condition and caution are required when climbing to the Stijenk natural arch (window), as well as when moving along the rocky viewpoint not far from the top of Crna Stena.
- After the end of the hiking tour, lunch at a nearby farm with traditional food from the area.
- Return to Belgrade in the evening around 10 pm.