The Ram-Zatonj sandstone, as its name suggests, stretches along the right bank of the Danube, between the settlements of Ram and Zatonje. It was created by blowing the wind from the Danube sediment. It is just one in a series of several smaller sandstones in Eastern Serbia. In the Požarevac Danube region, next to the Ram-Zaton sandstone, there are the Gradištanska and Požeženska sandstones.
The sandstone is relatively small and surrounded by hills, and in the north of the sandstone, the hill Gorica is 282 m high. It is wavy with the character of the dune relief. Through the grassy and sandy hills, the road leads to the Silver Lake, which is a real jewel of Serbia. Landscaped beaches, the water surface to which the sun gives a silvery glow, cafes and restaurants offer something for everyone.
On this tour, we can walk along the Danube across the glades and slightly undulating meadows from the village of Ram to the village of Zatonj. At the end of the day, we will enjoy the beauties of Silver Lake.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, Merkator Shopping center
Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||Novi Sad 5.30h
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Guide and organization of the tour
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the Ram-Zatonj sandstone tour: Duboke planinarske cipele sa vibram đonom ili sportske patike sa jačim đonom, ranac, slojevita garderoba, prilagođena vremenskim uslovima, po želji štapovi, poneti dovoljno vode i malo hrane (grickalice, sendviči, voće).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 11 km
- Total ascend/descend: around 200 m
- Category: easy
- Duration: about 5 hours with breaks
- For the realization of the Ram-Zatonj sandstone tour, a minimum of 18 applicants is required.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 4200 dinars.
- Transportation from Novi Sad: the surcharge is 1200 dinars.
- Own transportation: u slučaju da dolazite sopstvenim prevozom, cena ture Ramsko-zatonjska peščara iznosi 2300 dinara (uz članske karte Explore Serbia) ili 3300 dinara (za one koji nemaju člansku kartu).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of the postponement or cancellation of the tour by the organizers is 2 days before departure
- Accident insurance: persons between the ages of 14 and 75 are insured. When registering, and no later than 2 days before the tour, you need to send us your first and last name and your personal number.
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The path itself from Ram to Zaton goes partly through sandy landscapes and provides a real pleasure in seeing the incredibly beautiful landscapes both along the coast and across the river where the view reaches the mouth of the Banat river Nera into the mighty Danube. It was near Ram that the Danube used to be the shallowest, which is why many nations and armies passed through these areas.
The highest point of the Ram-Zatonj sandstone is the hill Gorica with only 272 m above sea level. but it can still boast rocks over 3,000 years old. Ram-Zatonj sandstone is one of the few in our country, next to Deliblato and Subotica, which are the largest, formed at the contact of Peripannonian and Carpathian Serbia by the deposition of sand of large rivers that were scattered by baskets. Many military fortifications were built in this area, and one of them is also the Ram fortress which watches over the Danube and the whole sandstone and testifies to the times when many armies passed through here.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Ram
- Departure from Novi Sad at 5.30
- Departure from Belgrade at 7h
- Drive to Pozarevac.
- Arrival in Ram around 9am. Optional tour of the Ram Fortress or morning coffee 🙂
Hiking tour from Ram to Zatonj
- The hlking tour starts in the village of Ram.
- We walk along the Danube over clearings and slightly undulating meadows with a minimum ascent of about 200m.
- All the time we walk closer or farther from the banks of the Danube, seeing Romanian settlements on the other side of the river.
- The trail itself from Ram to Zatonj goes partly through sandy landscapes and offers real enjoyment in seeing incredibly beautiful landscapes.
- Information about a hiking trail: length about 11 km, duration about 5 hours with breaks. The trail falls into the easy category.
The Silver Lake
- We end the hiking tour in the village of Zatonj, from where we drive to Silver Lake.
- Na jezeru je predviđena pauza za ručak, kupanje i uživanje pored vode od 16:30 h-19:00 h.
- Dolazak u Beograd do 21 h.