Povlen is the highest of the Valjevo mountains, which consists of several peaks where the highest is Mali Povlen with 1347 m, then Srednji Povlen 1301 m and Veliki Povlen 1271 m. Povlen has a trapezoidal shape, and the mountain was slightly sloping and wooded. The ridge of Mali Povlen itself is relatively narrow, but it consists of mild hummocks between which several shallow sinkholes have been cut.
The rivers Trešnjica, Sušica, Gradac, Rogačica, Skrapež spring on Povlen. The river Jablanica passes through its northern edge, and the Drina runs along the edge of the southernmost hills.
On this hiking tour, we will go to all three peaks of Povlen. The mountain is especially beautiful in autumn and from its tops there are magnificent views of the surroundings.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, by agreement
Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||5.30h (Novi Sad)
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Guide, sightseeing according to the program and organization of the tour
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the tour Povlen in autumn: Deep hiking boots with a vibram sole or deep sports shoes with stronger sole, backpack, layered wardrobe, adapted to weather conditions, we recommend trekking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 10 km
- Total ascend/descend: around 650 m
- Category: easy-moderate, hiking on forest roads and across meadows
- Duration: oko 5 h do 6h sa pauzama
- For the realization of the tour POvlen in spring, a minimum of 18 registered passengers is required.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, price is 3200 dinars.
- Transportation from Novi Sad: surcharge is 1000 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 1800 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 2400 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
- Author of photographs in the gallery: Vladimir Pecikoza, Vrh Srednjeg Povlena and Povlen – Zapadna Srbija – Pogled prema obrnocima planine Magleš i Maljen, CC BY-SA 4.0, via Wikimedia Commons
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade – Valjevo – Debelo Brdo
- Departure from Novi Sad at 5.30
- Departure from Belgrade at 7 AM
- Journey to Valjevo and Debela brdo, where we will arrive between 9:30 and 10 a.m. with a break along the way. Short preparation for hiking.
- Departure to the hiking trail that starts near the mountain lodge on Povlen. The beginning of the trail goes through the forest and is relatively steep, leading to the top Veliki Povlen at 1271 m. Then it continues over the ridge to the peak Sredni Povlen at 1301 m. Break and enjoying at the top.
- This is followed by a descent and ascent to the highest peak of Povlen, Mali Povlen at 1347 m. The climb is steep but short.
- The return to the starting point of the hiking trail goes at the foot of the peaks and ends at the mountain lodge.
- Information about a hiking trail: easy-moderate, 10 km long, with a total ascent/descent of about 650 m, duration about 6 hours with breaks. Regardless of the fact that the trail is short, due to the alternating ascent and descent, it does not belong into the easy category.
- During the tour, endless and beautiful views are on all sides, which are especially beautiful in autumn colors.
Povlen-Belgrade - Valjevo
- After the hiking tour, on the way back and in agreement with the group, a late lunch can be organized in one of the nearby restaurants.
- Return to Belgrade where we arrive around 9 pm.