Price of the tour
Ostrovica- represents a sharp volcanic dome with steep sides and is always recognizable in the relief of Šumadija. The local population calls it Ostrvica and it is often better known by that name. It is 758 m high and its ascent is a challenge for mountaineers.
On Ostrovica there are also the remains of a former fortified town, which was first mentioned in history in the 14th century. The restoration of this fortification was carried out by Djurađ Branković. The locality is also called Jerina's town, because according to the legend, Jerina, the wife of Đurađ Branković, died right there. Jerina is popularly known as "cursed Jerina" because of the belief that she tortured the craftsmen during the reconstruction of the town on Ostrovica.
On this trip, we will go on a hiking tour from the village of Ljutovnica to Rudnički breg. We will visit the tourist attraction Serbian Hollywood, where we will walk along the "Wizard of Oz" path and enjoy the fantastic view of Ostrovica. After that, there is an adrenaline-pumping ascent to the top of the volcanic coupe of Ostrovica.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||The parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade|
|DEPARTURE TIME||7h Belgrade|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Mountaineering tour on Ostrovica
Ticket to Serbian Hollywood
Guide, sightseeing according to the program and organization of the tour
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the ascent to Ostrovica: Deep hiking shoes with a Vibram sole, backpack, layered wardrobe, adapted to the weather conditions, we recommend hiking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 13 km
- Total ascend/descend: 550 m
- Category: easy-moderate
- Duration: about 6h-7h
- A minimum of 18 registrants is required for the realization of the tour ascent to Ostrovica.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 4000 dinars.
- Own transportation: for this tour own transport is not possible, because the starting and ending point of the hiking tour is not the same.
- In case of unfavorable weather conditions or an insufficient number of registered passengers, the deadline for notification of the postponement or cancellation of the tour by the organizer is 2 days before departure.
- Photos used in the gallery: Branka Vuković
Trip cancellations by passengers:
- In case of cancellation of the trip by the passenger, 5 or more days before the tour date, the Agency retains the amount of 20% of the reservation costs.
- In case the traveler cancels the trip less than 5 days before the trip, the agency reserves the right to the entire amount. In case of replacement by another passenger who is found either by the passenger himself or by the Agency, 90% of the paid amount is returned to the passenger.
- In case of illness of the passenger and cancellation up to 3 days before the tour, the paid money can be returned or the amount can be transferred for another tour organized by the Agency, and the traveler is obliged to send medical documentation about the illness in writing. In case of illness of the traveler and cancellation less than 3 days before the tour, in addition to sending medical documentation about the illness, the traveler is obliged to compensate the Agency for the incurred costs (transportation and travel organization costs), and part of the money can be refunded.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo. According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Beograd - Ljutovnica - Srpski Holywood
- Departure from Belgrade at 7:00 a.m. from the parking lot of the municipality of New Belgrade.
- Traveling by the highway Miloš the Great to the village of Ljutovnica. Short break on the way.
- In Ljutovnica there is Ljutovnica church-log house built in 1809. A short tour of the log church, one of the best-preserved churches of its kind in Serbia.
- Start of hiking tour to the village of Mutanj and Rudnički breg. Staza se prelazi za oko 3 sata.
- We reach the tourist attraction Serbian Hollywood on Straževica Hill. A tour of this place with a great view of Rudnik and Ostrovica, which was designed and built by a local, Ivo Car, a lover of film art.
- In addition to the inscription СРПСКИ Holywood, visible from the Ibarska highway, there is also an authentic Serbian sculpture and a hut. You will have the opportunity to walk through the forest path through the "Land of the Wizard of Oz" and to try the Sky Swing - the largest swing in Serbia, 5 m high, 4 m wide, and 4.7 m long chains.
Hiking tour and ascent to Ostrovica
- A short drive to the starting point from where it starts the ascent to Ostrovica. This rare landform represents an extinct volcano and is therefore composed of solid volcanic, eruptive rocks
- The first part of the trail goes on macadam, across meadows, and then enters the forest. The last part of the trail is technically more demanding and represents an adrenaline experience because it goes over rocks. Caution is required and adherence to the steel cable for added safety. From Ostrovica there is a phenomenal view of Šumadija. It will take about 2 hours to go up and down. Those who do not want to climb the final, more technically demanding part of the trail, can wait for the rest of the group.
- Information about a hiking trail: the trail has a total length of about 13 km, with a total ascent and descent of about 550 m and belongs to the medium-easy category. It takes about 6 hours to cross.
- After the hike, a late lunch at a nearby restaurant.
- Departure for Belgrade, where we arrive no later than 9 p.m.