Deliblato Sands–Zagaj Hills
Zagajička (Zagajska) Hills are an unusual and fairytale landscape on the northeastern edge of Deliblato Sands. Attractive globular hillocks are ancient sand dunes, partly forested, partly covered with steppe vegetation. They represent a unique relic of the original landscape of the Pannonian Plain.
A one-day hiking tour on the Zagajički hills, where we will go on a circular path and enjoy the unique ambience of Deliblato sands.
After the hiking tour, departure to Vršac. Visit to a private winery, where we will have a tasting of excellent wines and lunch.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Novi Sad, by agreement
Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade
|DEPARTURE TIME||5.30h (Novi Sad)
7 h (Beograd)
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation from Belgrade
Hiking tour with a guide
Ticket for the special nature reserve "Deliblato sands"
|NOT INCLUDED||Poseta vinariji u Vršcu, degustacija vina i ručak (fakultativno)
Transportation from Novi Sad
Other individual costs
- Oprema za turu Zagajička brda u proleće: standard for hiking tours, hiking shoes or sneakers with a stronger sole, adequate clothing in accordance with the weather. Backpack, enough water and some food (fruit, snacks…)
- The tour falls into the easy category. Everyone who loves enjoying nature can participate in this hiking action, it is also suitable for children.
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 15 km
- Total ascend/descend: oko 300 m
- Category: easy, hiking across meadows and grassy hills, forest and dirt roads
- Duration: about 5 hours with breaks
- For the tour realization, it is necessary a minimum of 18 passengers
- It is recommended to wear protective masks in organized transport.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, price is 3000 dinars.
- Transportation from Novi Sad: surcharge is 1000 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 1700 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 2300 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo. According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Deliblato Sands
- Departure from Novi Sad at 5.30
- Departure from Belgrade at 7h
- Transfer to the village Grebenac at the edge of Deliblato Sands
Hiking tour to Zagaj Hills
- Start at 9 AM
- Going to the ridge where the views of the steppe valleys between the hill open up; A beautiful circular path leads to the highest point where the monument is located
- After the monument, the trail slowly descends between hills and circularly returns to the start
- The length of the trail is about 15 km, with no major ascend and high altitude differences. We will pass the trail in about 4.5 hours.
- Nakon pešačenja odlazak u Vršac u privatnu porodičnu vinariju gde će biti organizovan ručak i degustacija vina. U cenu je uključeno: wine testing (dry white wine Chardonnay, semi-dry rose wine Muscat Hamburg, red dry wine Merlot, dessert wine Bermet), starter (Swabian pate, cheese, proja), lunch (homemade sausage, chicken drumstick and leg, steak, potatoes, salad), desert (cakes with Bermet), unlimited consumption of all drinks. Lean or vegan meals can also be prepared as needed. The evening will be interwoven with wine stories and verses and fun games for guests.
- For those who do not want to go to the winery, they can spend time in Vršac.
- Return to Belgrade around 8 pm.