May to September
The White (Beli) Rzav River and its canyon are located in the National Park Tara. Combination of trekking and beautiful canyoning on Beli Rzav, near Zaovine Lake.
Beli (White) Rzav is an extremely clean river. Its characteristics are the color of the substrate with white stones in the river bed. It springs in the village of Zaovine, on the western slopes of Tara, 23 km long. Thanks to such a river bed, even in summer and the highest temperatures, Beli Rzav is an cold river.
|MEETING POINT||National Park Tara, Zaovine Lake|
|DEPARTURE TIME||9 h|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Instructors' services
Necessary equipment (neoprene clothes, helmet, rope)
|NOT INCLUDED|| Transport to the location (can be arranged upon request)
Other individual costs
- Necessary personal equipment for the Beli Rzav canyoning tour: backpack, hiking shoes, it is best to wear only swimwear under neoprene suits, a minimum of 1.5 l of water.
- The tour is organized for a minimum of 5 participants. In the case of a smaller number of applicants, the price will be adjusted - for 4 people, the surcharge is 1800 dinars per person.
- Passing through this canyon is good for beginners, and because of the beauty of the canyon, it is always attractive to those who have experience.
- Passing through the canyon lasts for a couple of hours, where it is necessary to use a rope from two positions and where you go and swim through deep water in several places. It is a combination of hiking and canyoning, with a duration of about 7 hours, of which 8 km is hiking (2 h) and 2 km passing through the canyon (4h-5h).
- If you want to find out more about canyoning, read our article What is canyoning? Challenge for the brave or fun adventure?
- Cover photo used: Canyon Beli Rzav, Tarja Mitrovic, via Wikimedia Commons
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Tara National Park
- Arrival at the meeting place with the instructor in the Tara National Park, near Lake Zaovine at 9 am.
- Preparing for a canyoning tour.
Trekking and canyoning adventure Beli Rzav
- Departure from the dam Lazici in Zaovine to the old school in Djurici
- We will follow the stream of the river and get into the canyon after one kilometer
- We will pass through the canyon for a couple of hours. There will be two positions where it is necessary to use a rope and several places where is necessary to swim through deep water
- After the canyon, we will continue along the river to the village Krsanje and further to Kotroman
- Duration around 7 hours: 8 km trekking, 2 km canyoning
- End of the tour at the same starting point where the tour started.