Hiking tour on Mount Cer, which was once an island mountain in the Pannonian Sea. It is located in the northwestern part of Serbia, the highest peak is at 687 m. The mountain was named after the numerous trees of the Quercus cerris tree. It is quite wooded, uninhabited, it has the most beech, oak and hornbeam trees. A walk through untouched nature and a tour of cultural and historical monuments on Cer is a kind of time travel, which will not leave you indifferent.
After staying in the fresh and clean air, there will be relaxation and enjoyment in the thermal resort "Bogatić".
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Belgrade, parking lot in the municipality of Novi Beograd|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour on Mount Cer with a licensed hiking guide
Group coordinator, tour guide and tour organization
|NOT INCLUDED||Lunch and other individual costs
Ticket for the thermal resort "Bogatic" (700 dinars) - optional
- Equipment for the tour: Deep hiking boots with a vibrating sole or deep shoes/boots for snow, backpack, layered wardrobe, warm for winter conditions (winter jacket, hat, leggings, gloves), we recommend trekking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Thermal resort Bogatic: to use the wellness facilities, please bring a swimming suit, slippers, towel; If you do not want to use the wellness services, you can spend time in the restaurant of the complex (entrance ticket is not paid in that case).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 13 km
- Total ascend/descend: about 250/400 m
- Category: easy
- Duration: about 5 hours with breaks
- Due to winter conditions, possible deep snow and mud, the trail is not recommended for children under 10 years of age.
- For the tour realization, it is necessary minimum 18 passengers
- In organized transportation, it is mandatory to wear protective masks.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 2800 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 1200 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 1800 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card). The hiking trail is not the same as for the group that comes by organized transport, it is circular, with a total length of 13 km, with about 400 m of ascent and descent.
It has great historical significance, because the The Battle of Cer took place there in the First World War in August 1914. After the victory, Sabac was liberated, which definitely left the Austro-Hungarian army in Serbia.
The legend of the emperor Trojan and his five daughters Kosani, Koviljka, Vidi and Soki originated on the mountain Cer, after which the cities were named Soko-grad, Koviljača, Vidin grad and Kosanin grad (on Cer). The name of the fifth daughter was Draga. There are three very important monasteries on Cer, the Cokesina Monastery, the Radovasnica Monastery and the Petkovica Monastery. Miloš Obilić, more precisely from the village of Miloševac, comes from these parts, it is believed that he built a monastery (Čokešina) church dedicated to the Birth of the Most Holy Mother of God.
The tour is organized by the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, one-day tours are not provided a travel guarantee.
Belgrade - Cer
- Departure from Belgrade at 7 AM from the parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
- Journey via Šabac, arriving at Cer around 9 am.
- Short break and refreshment before the hiking tour
Hiking tour on the mountain Cer
- Start of hiking tour.
- The hiking trail mostly goes along a forest path, through a beech, oak and hornbeam forest, with a visit to beautiful lookouts.
- On the footpath there are fortifications from the Roman period, such as Trojan's and Kosana's town. We will also remember the history of the Battle of Cer and get acquainted with the natural values of the Cer mountain (flora and fauna), traditions, and customs of the local population. The trail ends at the monastery Radovašnica.
- Information about a hiking trail: length 10 km, hiking time about 5 hours with breaks, with about 250 m total ascent and 400 m descent.
Thermal resort Bogatic
- After the hiking tour, going for relaxation and swimming in the thermal resort Bogatic for 2 hours (optional).
- The Riviera was built on one of the richest geo-thermal thermal water deposits in Europe. It uses extremely high quality water sources with a temperature of 70 degrees, which are cooled depending on the needs and seasons. These waters, with their chemical composition and temperature, create an exceptional hydrothermal, chemical and hydromechanical effect on visitors.
- The Riviera provides its visitors with a quality stay through the indoor and outdoor swimming pools, outdoor and indoor hydro-massage pools, pool bars, hotbeds, restaurants, and many other facilities.
- If you do not want to use the wellness services, you can spend time in the restaurant of the complex (entrance ticket is not paid in that case).
- Return to Belgrade in the evening, until 9 p.m.