Hiking tour on Mount Cer, which was once an island mountain in the Pannonian Sea. It is located in the northwestern part of Serbia, the highest peak is at 687 m. The mountain was named after the numerous trees of the Quercus cerris tree. It is quite wooded, uninhabited, it has the most beech, oak and hornbeam trees. A walk through untouched nature and a tour of cultural and historical monuments on Cer is a kind of time travel, which will not leave you indifferent.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Belgrade, parking lot in the municipality of Novi Beograd|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Hiking tour on the mountain Cer
|NOT INCLUDED||Lunch and other individual costs|
- Equipment for the tour: Deep hiking boots with a vibrating sole or deep shoes/boots for snow, backpack, layered wardrobe, warm for winter conditions (winter jacket, hat, leggings, gloves), we recommend trekking poles, bring enough water and some food (snacks, sandwiches, fruit).
- Information about a hiking trail:
- Length: 15 km
- Total ascend/descend: about 500 m
- Category: easy
- Duration: around 6 hours with breaks
- For the realization of the tour, it is necessary to have a minimum of 17 entries
- In organized transportation, it is mandatory to wear protective masks.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, the price is 2400 dinars.
- Own transportation: in case you come by your own transport, the price of the tour is 900 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 1200 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
It has great historical significance, because the The Battle of Cer took place there in the First World War in August 1914. After the victory, Sabac was liberated, which definitely left the Austro-Hungarian army in Serbia.
The legend of the emperor Trojan and his five daughters Kosani, Koviljka, Vidi and Soki originated on the mountain Cer, after which the cities were named Soko-grad, Koviljača, Vidin grad and Kosanin grad (on Cer). The name of the fifth daughter was Draga. There are three very important monasteries on Cer, the Cokesina Monastery, the Radovasnica Monastery and the Petkovica Monastery. Miloš Obilić, more precisely from the village of Miloševac, comes from these parts, it is believed that he built a monastery (Čokešina) church dedicated to the Birth of the Most Holy Mother of God.
The tour is organized by the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, one-day tours are not provided a travel guarantee.
Belgrade - Cer
- Departure from Belgrade at 7 AM from the parking lot at the municipality New Belgrade
- Journey via Šabac, arriving at Cer around 9 am.
- Short break and refreshment before the hiking tour
Hiking tour on the mountain Cer
- Start of hiking tour.
- A circular hiking trail that starts from the mountain lodge and goes to the Radovašnica monastery. The trail mostly goes along a forest road, through a beech, oak and hornbeam forest, with a visit to beautiful lookouts.
- Information about a hiking trail: length 15 km, hiking time about 6 hours with breaks, with about 500 m total ascent.
- After the tour, on the way back, it is possible to stop for dinner at one of the nearby restaurants.
- Return to Belgrade in evening hours.