Moderate to challenging
Suva planina (Dry Mountain) is located in southern Serbia and is part of the Carpathian-Balkan mountain system. Its massif with exceptional phenomena and forms of karst relief is rich in sediments of different ages. The central part of the mountain looks like a plateau and is composed of sinkholes and bays that are covered with grass.
It is one of the highest rugged mountains in Serbia with the top of Trem 1810 m. Appart from the peak of Trem, the peaks of Sokolov kamen, Mosor, Pasarelo and Divna Gorica also stand out for their beauty. Suva planina is one of the most beautiful and most attractive mountains for hiking and trekking. It is only 17 km away from Nis, mountaineers visit it all year round and enjoy the most beautiful views of the whole of Serbia from its peaks.
On this challenging hiking tour, we will go along the entire ridge of Suva Planina and one of the most attractive hiking trails. Our first goal will be Mosor Peak, then Sokolov Kamen, and finally the highest peak, the impressive Trem.
|DEPARTURE LOCATION||Belgrade, the parking lot at the municipality of New Belgrade|
|INCLUDED IN THE PRICE||Transportation by minibus from Belgrade
Mountaineering licensed guides
Group coordinator and tour organization
Other individual costs
- Equipment for the Suva Planina ridge tour: Deep hiking boots with Vibram soles, poles, backpack, and layered clothing, adapted to weather conditions. Be sure to bring enough water (2 l) and food (snacks, energy bars, sandwiches, fruit), a spare t-shirt, long pants, raincoat, headlamp, sunscreen, hat, ID card, and health card.
- Information about the hiking trail:
- Length: 20 km
- Total ascend/descend: oko 1300 m
- The lowest point: 860 m
- The highest peak: 1810 m
- Altitude difference: 950 m
- Category: Moderate to challenging
- Duration: around 8 to 9 hours with breaks
- This hiking tour is recommended for people in good physical condition. It is not recommended for people with health problems; the guide reserves the right not to take persons with inadequate equipment on the hike; prohibited consumption of alcoholic beverages before and during hiking; in case of bad weather and other objective circumstances, hiking can be postponed.
- A minimum of 19 registrants is required for the realization of the Suva Planina ridge tour.
- Price is for members of "Explore Serbia". You can find membership information here. For those who do not have a membership card, cena iznosi 5400 dinara.
- Own transportation: in case you come with your own transport, the price of the tour is 3000 dinars (with Explore Serbia membership cards) or 4000 dinars (for those who do not have a membership card).
- In case of insufficient number of registered passengers or unfavorable weather conditions, the deadline for notification of postponement or cancellation of the tour is 2 days before departure.
The organizer of the tour is the travel agency Explore Balkans doo. With this program is valid Rulebook on conducting tours by Explore Balkans doo.
According to Article 79 of the Law on Tourism, protection is not provided for one-day tours in terms of travel guarantees.
Belgrade - Niška Banja - Suva planina
- Departure from Belgrade at 5 a.m. from the parking lot behind the municipality of New Belgrade.
- Travel by highway to Nis and Niska Banja to Bojana's waters on Suva Planina. We will make one break during the drive.
- Arrival at Suva planina around 9:00 am
Mountaineering tour on Suva mountain: Mosor - Sokolov Kamen - ascend to the highest peak Trem
- Short preparation for the hiking tour.
- We start hiking at Bojana's water at about 860 m above sea level. We will follow a circular hiking trail and our first goal will be Mosor peak at 984 m. The path leads through the forest, and after Mosor there is a rocky path to the top Sokolov Kamen at 1523 m.
- We continue along the beautiful ridge path to the pass Devojački Grob at 1311 m, where we will take a break before the final climb to najviši vrh Trem na 1810 m.
- It will take about 1.5 hours of hiking with a constant ascent of about 500 m to reach the top of Trem from the Devojački Grob. Break at the top to enjoy the phenomenal views.
- After a break, return along the same path to the Devojački Grob, followed by a descent to the mountain lodge through the forest.
- If someone does not want to go on the final climb to the top of Trem, they can wait for the rest of the group and rest on the Devojački Grob pass.
- Information about the hiking trail: length of about 20 km, with a total ascent and descent of about 1300 m, and duration is about 8 -9 hours with breaks. The trail belongs to the moderate to challenging category.
- After the tour, in agreement with the group, dinner can be organized in a nearby restaurant.
- Return to Belgrade where we arrive around 11 pm.